jrdn

UK: Conservative Jamie Wallis comes out as first openly trans Member Of Parliament

portrait.jpg?quality=75&width=982&height=726&auto=webp

Politicians have praised a Welsh MP for his bravery after he tweeted he has gender dysphoria and has been a victim of rape and blackmail. Jamie Wallis, who was elected in 2019, is the first MP to come out as trans. The Conservative MP for Bridgend said a man sent pictures to his family and demanded £50,000 in 2020. He said he was raped in a separate incident. Mr Wallis wrote that after he was raped "things have taken a tumble. I am not ok." The MP confirmed that he fled the scene of a car crash two months after he was raped. Both Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the leader of the opposition Sir Keir Starmer acknowledged Mr Wallis' statement in the Commons. With Mr Wallis looking on from the backbenches, Mr Johnson said: "the House stands with you and will give you the support you need to live freely as yourself".

In the Twitter statement posted early Wednesday morning, Mr Wallis said: "I've been diagnosed with gender dysphoria and I've felt this way since I was a very young child. "I had no intention of ever sharing this with you. I always imagined I would leave politics well before I ever said this out loud. "There was a close call in April 2020 when someone blackmailed me, outed me to my father and sent photographs to other family members. "He wanted £50,000 to keep quiet. The police were so supportive, so understanding and on this occasion the system worked." The MP said the man pleaded guilty and was sentenced to two years and nine months prison. "For a while it seemed as though I would be able to get on with things and move on. Being an MP and hiding something like this was always going to be tough, but I arrogantly assumed I was up for it. "Well, I'm not." He continued: "In September I 'hooked up' with someone who I met online. "When I chose to say 'no' on the basis that he wouldn't wear a condom he chose to rape me. I have not been myself since this incident and I don't think I will ever recover. It is not something you ever forget, and it is not something you ever move on from."

X

3 hours ago, Sabrin said:

"conservative"

& is a pimp who owns a website that sells vulnerable people to rich people

we do not claim the likes of this person and kevin spacey

Bored Over It GIF

excuse you but we do claim all LGBT+ people. (just not their actions)

idk how good of a person Jamie is but i hope they are a good person x

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

excuse you but we do claim all LGBT+ people. (just not their actions)

idk how good of a person Jamie is but i hope they are a good person x

your camp can claim all the trash1  in the world