Wonder

Amy Schumer Was Not Allowed to Tell an Alec Baldwin Joke at the Oscars

A2-D9-A4-FB-4-FB3-4037-B403-C4-FD1677-C3-A4.jpg

Amy Schumer performed a stand-up comedy set at Las Vegas’ Mirage Theater on April 2, where she continued to discuss Will Smith slapping Chris Rock at the 94th Academy Awards. Schumer co-hosted the ceremony alongside Wanda Sykes and Regina Hall. The comedian wrote on social media following the Oscars that she was “still triggered and traumatized” by Smith’s slap.

Schumer then ran down some of the jokes that proved too controversial for the Oscars telecast, including bits about Joe Rogan and James Franco. One joke found Schumer addressing Alec Baldwin and the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust.” Schumer told the crowd ahead of the jokes, “I want to preface these Oscar jokes by saying that my lawyer said not to say these. Don’t tell anybody and don’t get mad at me.”

“’Don’t Look Up’ is the name of a movie? More like don’t look down the barrel of Alec Baldwin’s shotgun,” Schumer said. “I wasn’t allowed to say any of that [at the Oscars], but you can just come up and [slap] someone.

“So much pain in Will Smith,” Schumer added. “Anyway, I’m still in shock and stunned and sad. I’m proud of myself and my cohosts. But yeah. Waiting for this sickening feeling to go away from what we all witnessed.”

x

(posted on mobile will fix format later)

Her lawyer was smart to stop her from saying that. It’s not a joke when someone dies. brit4

I still don’t know why she felt she still needed to repeat the “story” after the event. brit12