Autumn Variations

Elon Musk offers to buy Twitter for $41.39 billion

Elon Musk said his offer to buy Twitter for $54.20 a share represented a 54 percent premium over the share price on the day before he began investing in the company in late January.

Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk took aim at Twitter Inc (TWTR.N) with a $43 billion cash takeover offer on Thursday, with the Tesla CEO saying the social media giant needs to be taken private to grow and become a platform for free speech.

"Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it," Musk, who is already the company's second-largest shareholder, said in a letter to the San Francisco-based company's board on Wednesday. The offer was made public in a regulatory filing on Thursday.

Musk's offer price of $54.20 per share represents a 38% premium to Twitter's April 1 close, the last trading day before his 9.1% stake in the social media platform was made public.

Musk told Twitter it was his "best and final offer" and said he would reconsider his investment if the board rejects it.

x

The board is scheduled to have a conference call with staff at 5pm ET to discuss the takeover bid. 

My take: The Twitter employees will reject any bid cause they will believe the price of the company is worth more than $43 Billion…and Musk will walk. oprah14

Edit: The deal didn’t pass the main shareholder, Saudi Prince Alwaleed (who owns the most stock by any individual). He said, “No” and now the deal is gone. Poof! xtina5

I think it'll be rejected, i'm pretty sure Twitter is worth more than that. 

27 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

If he buys it, we'll get a lot of Tesla commercials and edgy memes ari9

We stan edgy memes. 

"become a platform for free speech" aka a platform for right wing nationalists and conspiracy theorists rih11  I hope they won't accept this rih11 

4 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I think it'll be rejected, i'm pretty sure Twitter is worth more than that. 

It's actually like 10% above yesterday's stock price rih11 Twitter has never monetised as aggressively as Facebook, a reason why it's superior rih11