Snow

Doja is smashing, Megan is tanking. Why?

6 hours ago, Mario Spears said:

because Doja is the Queen of Rap, makes better music, is more talented and she's better! bey6

YASSSSS DOJA!!!

You're so embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you. 

On 4/22/2022 at 8:41 PM, Atlantis Princess said:

Megan makes straight hip hop music, heavily rap oriented, has a more aggressive style. She isn't easily digestible by a mainstream audience. Even on a pop song like Sweetest Pie she doesn't fit in as much as she tries. It's not a style that fits her voice. 

Doja makes pop music with some rap verses thrown in there. She reaches a mainstream audiences because she can also sing and has a "sweeter voice" that allows her to tap into dance songs, not only hip hop. She also does choreography and has high budget music videos so besides the straight GP she also has the gays on her side. 

Megan seems to have only the support of (black) women. After the Tory Lanez incident men have been having a hate train on her. 

But I wouldn't call it tanking for Megan. Debuting in the top 20 plus having longetivity (Thot Shit, Body) is great for a female rapper. They're not that far apart, except for Doja's pop/dance songs charting higher (KMM, Say So, Woman). Doja hasn't had a solo top 5 ever since Say So and that was driven by TikTok.

Anyway TL;DR Doja is a safer more mainstream artist catered to radio, while Megan does more heavy rap songs that are catered for a more hip hop audience. 

Stream Plan B 

so like Lil Kim Vs Nicki nat1 

3 hours ago, Philip said:

except the difference is Nicki writes her raps/has more lyrical and flow variety than Kim (who only really had The Naked Truth to prove she was more than just Biggie's ghostwrites and chasing the same old shit and it was too late)

On 4/25/2022 at 5:49 PM, Strobo said:

except the difference is Nicki writes her raps/has more lyrical and flow variety than Kim (who only really had The Naked Truth to prove she was more than just Biggie's ghostwrites and chasing the same old shit and it was too late)

Literally not what I was talking about - I was talking about what the person I quoted said - regarding success and type of music both Nicki and Kim are known for. 

But let me not continue with you about Kim due to you talking about ghostwriting, xo

On 4/25/2022 at 1:47 PM, Philip said:

They're not really comparable, Lil Kim was already a non-factor in music when Ninki came out. 

I think Doja Cat has more interesting music and rap style than Megan, she can be more playful with her voice. She also knows how to promote her music and she has a very likeable personality. true1

1 hour ago, Shego said:

I think Doja Cat has more interesting music and rap style than Megan, she can be more playful with her voice. She also knows how to promote her music and she has a very likeable personality. true1

Example of what I said oprah14

On 4/25/2022 at 6:49 PM, Strobo said:

Even if Kim did not write her own raps (allegedly) she still made more interesting music, had more interesting topics and has more iconic rap albums than Nicki who for all her alleged talent can't even produce a cohesive body of work and had to rely on EDM pop to chart at her peak. Nicki has had the same flow for years, giving nursery rhymes and "these bitches is my son's" lines. She has gotten lazy. 

5 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Even if Kim did not write her own raps (allegedly) she still made more interesting music, had more interesting topics and has more iconic rap albums than Nicki who for all her alleged talent can't even produce a cohesive body of work and had to rely on EDM pop to chart at her peak. Nicki has had the same flow for years, giving nursery rhymes and "these bitches is my son's" lines. She has gotten lazy. 

More iconic rap albums and more interesting topics? Absolutely. Nicki has no album touching Hard Core or The Naked Truth.

More interesting music and Nicki having the same flow? Now let's not discredit Nicki like that. Nicki had versatility in a way that most other women in rap besides a select few did NOT. Nicki (and Drake) are a very large reason why rap is the dominant genre today, even if they did crossover music to r&b and pop (which isn't new to rap music). 

I'm far from a Nicki stan, but I'm not gonna discredit her merits and what she's contributed just because she's a shitty, annoying person.

Kim did her thing too and opened a lot of doors for people like Nicki, Doja and Megan, but let's not act like female rap wasn't dying out by the time she branched out from her sex doll persona and gave us more.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:26 PM, Billie Frank said:

They're not really comparable, Lil Kim was already a non-factor in music when Ninki came out. 

But it's the same comparison that the person I quoted made - why one was able to achieve higher/more mainstream success and one wasn't. But okay.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:29 PM, Strobo said:

More iconic rap albums and more interesting topics? Absolutely. Nicki has no album touching Hard Core or The Naked Truth.

More interesting music and Nicki having the same flow? Now let's not discredit Nicki like that. Nicki had versatility in a way that most other women in rap besides a select few did NOT. Nicki (and Drake) are a very large reason why rap is the dominant genre today, even if they did crossover music to r&b and pop (which isn't new to rap music). 

I'm far from a Nicki stan, but I'm not gonna discredit her merits and what she's contributed just because she's a shitty, annoying person.

Kim did her thing too and opened a lot of doors for people like Nicki, Doja and Megan, but let's not act like female rap wasn't dying out by the time she branched out from her sex doll persona and gave us more.

Yes.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Megan makes straight hip hop music, heavily rap oriented, has a more aggressive style. She isn't easily digestible by a mainstream audience. Even on a pop song like Sweetest Pie she doesn't fit in as

because Doja is the Queen of Rap, makes better music, is more talented and she's better! YASSSSS DOJA!!!

I'm crying none of these are true 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.