MarvinGayefan123

Mariah Carey and her fraudulent "live" vocals

Just now, MarvinGayefan123 said:

You shouldn't even be talking about someone else's discography, Mariah's album's are not critically acclaimed at all, and they certainly weren't during her era. 

And? Who cares what the boomer 90s critics who hate anything that's pop-oriented say? That has fuck all do to with my own personally opinions, which unlike some people i presented as opinions not facts. I will not be told what i can and cannot talk about. Some people love Beyonce's music and that's great for them, i was using her as an example of somewhere where their discography doesn't do much for me personally but i can still recognise their talent and achievements. I don't get how that is so difficult for you to comprehend, then again you have proven time and time again to be a bit of a damp spark. 

5 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

And? Who cares what the boomer 90s critics who hate anything that's pop-oriented say? That has fuck all do to with my own personally opinions, which unlike some people i presented as opinions not facts. I will not be told what i can and cannot talk about. Some people love Beyonce's music and that's great for them, i was using her as an example of somewhere where their discography doesn't do much for me personally but i can still recognise their talent and achievements. I don't get how that is so difficult for you to comprehend, then again you have proven time and time again to be a bit of a damp spark. 

Boomers do not hate everything pop oriented. George Michael's Faith and LWP highly acclaimed reviews, Michael Jackson's Off The Wall and Thriller amazing reviews, Whitney's first album, great reviews and in fact is in the Grammy Hall Of Fame. 

Shame same can't be said for Mariah.

1 minute ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

Boomers do not hate everything pop oriented. George Michael's Faith and LWP highly acclaimed reviews, Michael Jackson's Off The Wall and Thriller amazing reviews, Whitney's first album, great reviews and in fact is in the Grammy Hall Of Fame. 

Shame same can't be said for Mariah.

That's nice, good for them. 

3 minutes ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

Is clearly obvious you're not objective enough at all, you keep mentioning the "highs" she has reached that no one else has reached. Yet you purposely ignore the fact that Tommy Mottola had a lot to do with her career and why she even had this much success throughout the 90s. The woman's career is controversial because of how it was handled, lawsuits of palgarisim, discounting some of her singles in the mid - late 90s, actually editing her live performances to make her even sound better than how she really is. These are the things that were a big deal then in the 90s. 

I don't ignore Tommy Mottola. I'm well aware of what her career has been like and what it has consisted of, good and bad. But the fact remains that she has stuck around. She has still found an audience, she still makes a lot of people happy, she still is out there recording and touring. I can respect that 100% because it's deserving of respect. 

5 minutes ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

I haven't received any notification from you at all on whatever you have supposedly tagged me to, so what are you even talking about? 

You have, you've just ignored them. But, if you want to be directed to them again, here's all the times I engaged you and you ignored it:

(If you would have actually read the one above you wouldn't have gotten so many of your posts hidden by mod notices because you broke the rules of Battlegrounds)

By my count that's six times I have directly engaged you and you ignored it. Some of them even are quotes of your quoting of me, yet you just seemed to give up when it was clear that I wasn't going to submit to you. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I don't ignore Tommy Mottola. I'm well aware of what her career has been like and what it has consisted of, good and bad. But the fact remains that she has stuck around. She has still found an audience, she still makes a lot of people happy, she still is out there recording and touring. I can respect that 100% because it's deserving of respect. 

You have, you've just ignored them. But, if you want to be directed to them again, here's all the times I engaged you and you ignored it:

(If you would have actually read the one above you wouldn't have gotten so many of your posts hidden by mod notices because you broke the rules of Battlegrounds)

By my count that's six times I have directly engaged you and you ignored it. Some of them even are quotes of your quoting of me, yet you just seemed to give up when it was clear that I wasn't going to submit to you. 

You clearly are ignoring the fact that Mottola had a huge impact on her career but hey, be my guess if someone wants to rewrite history. Do it, doesn't make it true though. Your arguments for Mariah haven't been factual and yet I'm the one with the "opinion based" arguments lol oh dear. Some fans do not think before typing. 

I guess Maurice White suing her for The Emotions track sounding similar to "Best Of My Love" is opinions and nor facts right? Come on boy.

3 minutes ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

You clearly are ignoring the fact that Mottola had a huge impact on her career but hey, be my guess if someone wants to rewrite history. Do it, doesn't make it true though. 

1. *be my guest, not be my guess.

2. What are you missing here? I just acknowledged in that post that Tommy had a big impact on her career. That’s not up for debate, it’s true. He famously was over involved.

3. Look at you pretending you don’t see me proving my point that you run from a fight when it doesn’t suit you because you can’t argue with proof of it. 

Just now, Mr. Mendes said:

1. *be my guest, not be my guess.

2. What are you missing here? I just acknowledged in that post that Tommy had a big impact on her career. That’s not up for debate, it’s true. He famously was over involved.

3. Look at you pretending you don’t see me proving my point that you run from a fight when it doesn’t suit you because you can’t argue with proof of it. 

You have barely said anything to me, I'm currently reading other threads and you only backed in to defend the others and you just wrote 1 big essay about Beyonce and Mariah Carey lol. What am I going to say when you're defending someone? Nothing because I really don't care. 

I take it, Walter talking about Mariah taking too much credit for her songwriting is an "opinion" based argument right lol? I'm sorry but your statement there was just funny to me, you lost credibility when you said that.

5 minutes ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

You have barely said anything to me, I'm currently reading other threads and you only backed in to defend the others and you just wrote 1 big essay about Beyonce and Mariah Carey lol. What am I going to say when you're defending someone? Nothing because I really don't care. 

I take it, Walter talking about Mariah taking too much credit for her songwriting is an "opinion" based argument right lol? I'm sorry but your statement there was just funny to me, you lost credibility when you said that.

I did more than defend, I directly engaged you and you just never engaged back. You ignored it and then tried to pretend you didn't get notifications. 

And yes of course that's an opinion based argument. You are aware of what an opinion based argument is right? An argument based upon a perspective that is unverifiable or unquantifiable. Saying Mariah "took too much credit" for something is indeed an opinion as there is no way of verifying or quantifying that statement. It'd only be a fact based argument if you said "she took credit" as she did take credit. What is too much is a matter of opinion. 

How exactly have I lost credibility? By knowing the difference between opinions and facts like I would hope most adults would? 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I did more than defend, I directly engaged you and you just never engaged back. You ignored it and then tried to pretend you didn't get notifications. 

And yes of course that's an opinion based argument. You are aware of what an opinion based argument is right? An argument based upon a perspective that is unverifiable or unquantifiable. Saying Mariah "took too much credit" for something is indeed an opinion as there is no way of verifying or quantifying that statement. It'd only be a fact based argument if you said "she took credit" as she did take credit. What is too much is a matter of opinion. 

How exactly have I lost credibility? By knowing the difference between opinions and facts like I would hope most adults would? 

Wow, so you're telling me that Walter telling the whole true story on how All I Want For Christmas Is You is now an opinion based argument? Wow how are you sitting here claiming that it is an opinion and he was actually there ? 

Walter explained how the song even existed because Mariah took credit for it and claimed she wrote it as a teenager on her own

You lost credibility because you're sitting here claiming on what I have said in the past is "emotional and opinions" when there's articles out there that have said some of her songs were discounted, Maurice White suing her for for palgarisim etc. Is laughable and a joke really I do say. 

What's next? Maurice White suing her is now an opinion? Learn the difference kid.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.radiotimes.com/audio/radio/all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you-co-writer-walter-afanasieff-falling-out-with-mariah-carey/amp/

Walter talking about how it happened and Mariah taking credit for something she didn't do. But hey, continue

Just now, MarvinGayefan123 said:

Old enough, now go to bed

It’s 12:30 p.m. here, why should I go to bed now? mad5 

Anyway, the vibe you give off is literally Karen 💀 your opinion is the only right one and you are blind for people who have other opinions. But you know what the funny thing is? You saying that one artist is better than the other artist is complete not objective and your opinion, yet you treat is as a fact….and it’s just so confusing to me that you don’t see that. Maybe it’s a thing from your generation, that you have to tear another artist completely down just because you don’t like them…I don’t like Madonna, but I’ll never disrespect her nor deny her legacy….maybe you should try that sometimes?

And even though I agree with everything all the members have been saying here, I apologise for peanut brain Mario Spears. They are extremely embarrassing in this thread. rip2 

You do know that dubbing isn't the same as lipping, right? Like, you at least know that it's not putting the vocals from the actual record over a live performance, right? Mariah often had to sing live multiple times during her shows and still chose to dub a.k.a. record yet another vocal recording off stage because someone was always unsatisfied with her vocals, be it herself or Mottola, thus resulting in dubbed performance for DVD releases. If not that, then there's always sound system problem like MTV Unplugged where everything wasn't leveled right for DVD release so she and her band had to record another performance to dub over the already aired performance. Not to mention that she's been doing that since her prime where her vocals were still connected altogether and hadn't lost any aspects due to aging yet.

Of course this all leads to this question: what is the point of this thread?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Possibly the worst lie I have read, Michael Jackson's Bad Tour at Wembley wasn't even dubbed at all, Prince shows on DVD same thing.    Why do Mariah fans lie so much?

Yeah and? I'm not going to lie about it unlike you Mariah fans who are the biggest liars of all time. 

What a true fraud she is.    Have a nice day.     

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.