Snow

Who do you think is the most exciting artist right now?

grammys-red-carpet-2022-3.jpg?quality=75

The pop landscape is almost completely different compared to how it was 5 years ago.

Katy is an American Idol judge, Ariana is on The Voice, Gaga is seemingly transforming into a full-time actress, Rihanna has turned into a retired makeup artist, Taylor is hiding in the woods somewhere and Demi was last seen busy fighting with a yogurt store and singing for aliens.

With the veterans occupied for the time being, we now have a brand new set of stars. But are any of them exciting for you? Doja, Dua, Billie, Olivia? Or is it the stars currently rising right now.. Megan, SZA, Ava, Chlöe, Lizzo? Or perhaps you've gone for the male stars: Harry, Bad Bunny, Lil Nas X?

Who do you think is the most exciting artist right now?

36 minutes ago, Snow said:

Taylor is hiding in the woods somewhere

dead2

OT: Dua honestly. I've never gotten tired of seeing her and Future Nostalgia still slaps despite being two years old. Honourable mentions: Harry and Megan Thee Stallion.

Even though she's not releasing at the moment Dua is by far the main pop girl currently. Everything she touches turns to gold. I like Doja but i'd hate to be one of her stans, in fact i'd find it frustrating. Billie's new released have been cute but nothing that has wowed me that much. Olivia is popular. 

These new girls don’t really do it for me tbh. I like a few songs by them here and there, but their albums aren’t good (except for Dua’s debut) and there’s nothing exciting about them. They don’t do it like the veteran pop girls!

I do like Lil Nas X and his album was actually solid. I also have hopes for Tate McRae, I really love her music and she has major potential imo. 

I think Harry has established himself as a main pop act and Dua has had a good run with some great radio singles lately. We will see when their 3rd albums come out whether they can last. 
Everyone talks about the sophomore album as being the tough one. I think it’s album #3 - just look at Solar Power. moo1
Tate McRae looks like she may break this year.

Well I look forward to Megan and Chloe releases. So I guess them. 

Dua is the most boring pop girl I've seen in a while. Cute and safe singles that can be played on the radio. Her image also is bland. A 2020s Katy Perry without the wackiness. 

Plus she is definitely not THE main pop girl. She would have singles debut at #1 or top 5....not top 20. Her star power is lacking and severely relying on radio. 

Olivia, Doja, and and Dua are the only girls who are even really trying to do something that catches your attention. I love Billie and HTE was one of the best albums of the last few years but she really bungled it's potential imo but not doing much with the amazing music on it. She dropped it and then started the tour immediately. Dua and Olivia and Doja are the only ones actually doing a proper era. 

Demi is releasing her next single in a few weeks. There's a lot of hype for it from people who have been wanting her to return to her rock roots. She could get a Grammy nom for the album if it's submitted for the rock category since there's not a lot of competition. Katy is also working on music. I'm interested to see if Anitta will break through the American market. She has a couple of good English songs on her new album, and they're upbeat, so maybe it will bring some energy to the landscape. BlackPink will probably have more English songs on their upcoming album. I'm also looking forward to new music this year from Carrie Underwood, Kelsea Ballerini, Qveen Herby, Gabby Barrett, Kim Petras, Kelly Clarkson, Nicole Scherzinger, and Zara Larsson

Miley excites me the most lately. Her music is great, her live performances are brilliant and she's such a rockstar. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The pop landscape is almost completely different compared to how it was 5 years ago. Katy is an American Idol judge, Ariana is on The Voice, Gaga is seemingly transforming into a full-time actres

Dua  

These new girls don’t really do it for me tbh. I like a few songs by them here and there, but their albums aren’t good (except for Dua’s debut) and there’s nothing exciting about them. They don’t do i

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.