fab

The first teaser trailer for "Avatar: The Way Of Water" has been released!

Saw this last night when it ran with Doctor Strange 2. Of course I'll see it, but I wish they had shown more than the most minute chunk of the plot here, seeing as that was the main weakness of the original. The visuals are still obviously strong, but I'm hoping for more in the way of story.

I feel like they're centering the movie around some type of water setting because they wanted to show off how they found out how to animate shit around and in water. Idk does it really look that great? I can't tell at this point because of how far CGI has come... Like, why are they shooting everything in bright-ass middle-of-the-day cloudless sunlight? It makes things look fucking flat. This whole franchise still just seems so bizarre, and not in a cool, niche sort of way. It's just... so bland.

The plot will probably not be all that outstanding. 

That being said, this is going to be one of the most visually stunning films of all time. You can say what you want about James Cameron, but the man knows how to bring the visuals and he has been an innovator in this space for longer than most of us have been alive, so I am more than willing to respect it even if the plot can't match up to the visuals. 

1 hour ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I feel like they're centering the movie around some type of water setting because they wanted to show off how they found out how to animate shit around and in water. Idk does it really look that great? I can't tell at this point because of how far CGI has come... Like, why are they shooting everything in bright-ass middle-of-the-day cloudless sunlight? It makes things look fucking flat. This whole franchise still just seems so bizarre, and not in a cool, niche sort of way. It's just... so bland.

It looks absolutely stunning on a theatre screen yes. Like genuinely breathtaking. Saw it ahead of DSitMoM in IMAX and it's genuinely next level visually. Seeing it on my laptop, it doesn't look as good but that makes sense. No screen we own at home is capable of showing the visuals the way that an IMAX projector is, home media technology has not advanced that far. Top of the line home media tech is on par with a regular HD cinema projector, but they have not yet managed to port true IMAX over yet. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

It looks absolutely stunning on a theatre screen yes. Like genuinely breathtaking. Saw it ahead of DSitMoM in IMAX and it's genuinely next level visually. Seeing it on my laptop, it doesn't look as good but that makes sense. No screen we own at home is capable of showing the visuals the way that an IMAX projector is, home media technology has not advanced that far. Top of the line home media tech is on par with a regular HD cinema projector, but they have not yet managed to port true IMAX over yet. 

I watched Dr. Strange on Thursday hoping to see the Avatar Trailer in 3D IMAX, but of course my flop ass cinema wouldn't play it ew2 but yeah Avatar 2 will definitely be the type of movie to watch on the big screen true1 

btw I think it's funny how the same people who shit on Avatar for its mediocre plot are the ones who run to their local cinema every couple of months as soon as a new Marvel flick arrives lol3 the irony lol3