i wish you were gay

Dictator's Son Unofficially Elected as President.

People in my country forgot  their history and elected the son of a Dictator.

This is insane. 

A lot of people where aghast, especially the youth and activists like me with the landslide result. A lot of people were accusing our election committee with electoral fraud.

I knew that our Pink Movement sparked a revolution against corruption, human rights violation and press freedom but the power was in the hands of our corrupt government. A religious organization called Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting has been manually recounting  the ballots with hopes of a different result the voting machines were assumed to have been rigged.

For context, here is what happened to my country from early 70's to late 80's.  Many student leaders were tortured and killed, businesses were taken by the government, human rights activists were killed. 

In 1986, a peaceful revolution happened to oust the dictator and his family from the government. This is called People Power Revolution

Today, youth and martial law victims are mourning that the son of a dictator, is unofficially my country's president.

His name is Ferdinand Marcos , Jr., like his father, he is corrupt.

If  the stars aligned and the people were not cheated, my country's president would have been our incumbent VP, Leni Robredo who does not have an ounce of corruption in her office. 

Her Pink Movement gathered the youth, the teachers, the lawyers, the minorities, the LGBTQ+ community and many more. It's sad that we may not see my country grow as she makes us flourish. 

Wait a second. 

The son of Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos is about to become President? 

And the daughter of the current President is about to become VP? 

I’m shook. 

Imelda Marcos spent $7 million on 3,000 pairs of shoes, and all of that money was tax payer money. They had to run his momma and daddy off the Presidential palace grounds, and they’re just going to let them back in? 

smfh

7 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Wait a second. 

The son of Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos is about to become President? 

And the daughter of the current President is about to become VP? 

I’m shook. 

Imelda Marcos spent $7 million on 3,000 pairs of shoes, and all of that money was tax payer money. They had to run his momma and daddy off the Presidential palace grounds, and they’re just going to let them back in? 

smfh

Yes that's the one. 

Political Dynasties have been rampant here ever since. The Marcoses is yet to pay 203 billion pesos for taxes. 

I hear Imelda Marcos even gets an entire mall all to herself when she goes shopping back then while Filipinos were suffering from malnutrition. On top of that she even agreed to mass burial of construction workers (some were buried alive) just to finish the now condemned and haunted Manila Film center.

Hopefully, the manual count will have different results but there are videos circulating that cheating is happening like vote buying.

If Leni Roberedo wins, we will have the first president with a high Auditing rate by the Commission of Audit.

7 hours ago, Shawn's Slave said:

Justice for Leni Robredo.

You guys deserve better! I hope he is overthrown too like his dad. 

It's not only an injustice to Leni but to Filipinos who wanted change.

I was crying all day long because I feel like we failed the victims of Martial Law, the student leaders who were tortured back then, the people who died of malnutrition 

5 hours ago, Princess Aurora said:

I was saddended over this Election. I'm very happy to see how a good part of the population especially the youth wants change clap3 

I was saddened too but we did not have the machinery and disinformation and history revisionism was a big blow.

Our outgoing VP/presidential candidate will be in office until June 30 she announced that her Party will now become a Non Government Organization and will still uphold her platform but this time as a private entity.