ilya eilish

Will Gaga Ever Be As Successful As She Was Pre-2013 Again?

Well, will she be ever be successful pre-ARTPOP again?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

Time will tell but she doesn't need to be because she's made her impact and mark on the industry. She will always have longevity because she is simply an all around talented musician and performer. 

Could say the same about a lot of our faves in today's day and age. 

15 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Time will tell but she doesn't need to be because she's made her impact and mark on the industry. She will always have longevity because she is simply an all around talented musician and performer. 

Could say the same about a lot of our faves in today's day and age. 

Very true xtina2

2 hours ago, Kaeya said:

Very true xtina2

Will she have loads of #1's and smash hits? Maybe, maybe not. If she doesn't, she will ALWAYS be invited to award shows,  asked to perform and collaborate with other artists and legends, and always sell out a concert tour. 

Why try and even discount her success? Because she already peaked? Gaga's 2009-2011 run (shit 2009 alone) is more than an impact than some of our faves could make in their entire career. Why discount her because she had a natural commercial decline like any other artist? It doesn't matter - she has Bad Romance and Poker Face in her catalog and that's enough to have a solid legacy built on. 

Thank you for coming to my ted talk moo5 

2 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Will she have loads of #1's and smash hits? Maybe, maybe not. If she doesn't, she will ALWAYS be invited to award shows,  asked to perform and collaborate with other artists and legends, and always sell out a concert tour. 

Why try and even discount her success? Because she already peaked? Gaga's 2009-2011 run (shit 2009 alone) is more than an impact than some of our faves could make in their entire career. Why discount her because she had a natural commercial decline like any other artist? It doesn't matter - she has Bad Romance and Poker Face in her catalog and that's enough to have a solid legacy built on. 

Thank you for coming to my ted talk moo5 

I'm not really discounting her success (I'm a stan obviously), but I do feel like she won't be able to reach the heights she did in 2011 again. I enjoyed your ted talk, and you're welcome moo5

20 hours ago, Kaeya said:

I'm not really discounting her success (I'm a stan obviously), but I do feel like she won't be able to reach the heights she did in 2011 again. I enjoyed your ted talk, and you're welcome moo5

Oh I know fam but I needed to ensure an audience member read my dissertation and I'm glad it was a fellow LM moo5 

37 minutes ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

Oh I know fam but I needed to ensure an audience member read my dissertation and I'm glad it was a fellow LM moo5 

Yup yup you are very much welcome moo5

4 hours ago, Strobo said:

Never again and no one really expects or wants her to. I don't think even she wants this judging by how she'd rather do movies and jazz.

I mean you are right true1

Her prime is over and that's ok. Christina, Britney, Mariah, Gaga, Katy and every other artist in pop music have their primes and then just live on with their previous success. 

Nothing lasts forever.

2 hours ago, StrippedX said:

Her prime is over and that's ok. Christina, Britney, Mariah, Gaga, Katy and every other artist in pop music have their primes and then just live on with their previous success. 

Nothing lasts forever.

Tell that to Shakira, Ariana, Beyoncé, Taylor

7 hours ago, StrippedX said:

Nothing lasts forever.

That is true. Unfortunately, nothing does last forever.

3 hours ago, rosemulet said:

No, but that doesn't mean she'll be completely irrelevant or anything.

She was HUGE in 2009. It's hard to replicate that kind of success over a decade later.

You're right. Especially with the constant shift in pop music.

It’s probably for the better if she quits. At this point she has lost her spark and totally forgot who she was and what made her unique. She has nothing to offer to the landscape of music anymore that is as excellent as   TF(M) and BTW. 

Everything else has been subpar or downright shit and lifeless. Back in the day she said she cares about music not the bling and nowadays it seems it’s the other way round. As long as she gets unjustified awards for the lame and corny shit she pulled out of her ass she‘s happy.

On 5/13/2022 at 12:39 AM, Sabrin said:

the fk is orphan??? she released an album after chroamtica? ajay1

singles that don't belong to an album, like The Cure or Till It Happens To You

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

It’s probably for the better if she quits. At this point she has lost her spark and totally forgot who she was and what made her unique. She has nothing to offer to the landscape of music anymore that is as excellent as   TF(M) and BTW. 

Everything else has been subpar or downright shit and lifeless. Back in the day she said she cares about music not the bling and nowadays it seems it’s the other way round. As long as she gets unjustified awards for the lame and corny shit she pulled out of her ass she‘s happy.

I think at this point, she just releases stuff that she thinks other people would like instead of what she cares about

I'm sure if she decided "fuck it, I'm making the music I care about" she would have something that stands out again instead all the safe/phoned in music she's been doing

Either that or we get another Joanne.

Most certainly love the hatred towards the actual artist because of the way you can't stand their fanbase, those are two different things. But then again this is FOTP so a lesson about politeness should become a curricular atp. ari11

8 hours ago, Luca said:

Most certainly love the hatred towards the actual artist because of the way you can't stand their fanbase, those are two different things. But then again this is FOTP so a lesson about politeness should become a curricular atp. ari11

All stanbases are toxic. I dislike gaga the musician, not the little monsters. Her lowest point was joanne where she was exploiting her dead aunt to release a subpar record... and then when she got dragged by the chainsmokers for making awful music she @'d them with an awful heehaw song like she did something

The chainsmokers were probably like 

EfvP6t0WkAE1q21.jpg

14 hours ago, Sabrin said:

All stanbases are toxic. I dislike gaga the musician, not the little monsters. Her lowest point was joanne where she was exploiting her dead aunt to release a subpar record... and then when she got dragged by the chainsmokers for making awful music she @'d them with an awful heehaw song like she did something

The chainsmokers were probably like 

EfvP6t0WkAE1q21.jpg

Yeah because let's focus on an innocent 2016 moment where Gaga was rightfully being shady and use it as a "receipt" 6 years later and ignore all acts of kindness! 

EfvP6t0WkAE1q21.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kinda ironic that fans nickname her "the music industry" (a stupid title btw) but she doesn't have much influence culturally. Only depressed 15 year old girls are influenced by her.  If anyone is

But that shouldn’t be a problem for the “queen of music” to do right? So what’s the issue?      OK I’ll give her that but post reputation, her singles haven’t been doing well.   

It couldn't have. Future Nostalgia and After Hours also suffered from the lockdown and covid and still managed to be successful. Chromatica was a very niche album and there weren't any strong standout

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.