Shego

Kendrick Lamar drops the f slur multiple times in new song

I will say that he should be called out for using the word, even with the context it's in. What I'm not here for is people on this very forum acting high and mighty like some of their faves haven't said shit that's just as problematic or worse. Some of you stan whole pop stars who have said the "n" word (Iggy (who also thought it would be fun to call herself a runaway slave master), Dua Lipa and Madonna), used the same word you all are demonising Kendrick for (Doja, Nicki, Cardi. Azalea Banks), have been accused of cultural appropriation and using various cultures as an aesthetic (Madonna, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea, etc.) and other stuff. Yet, none of you have ever called them out or stopped liking their content. I guess morals and beliefs take a back seat when bops are involved.

I'm not saying Kendrick shouldn't be called out for this. In fact, I encourage this. Hopefully he can learn from this going forward and even make an apology to all his fans who may have been triggered by this. What I don't need or care for is a bunch gays and "allies" demonizing Kendrick and saying he should be "cancelled" when some of your very faves have done/said worse. 

Spoiler

Also, let's not act like of this backlash on the internet doesn't have do with the genre of music he does or his race because it most definitely does. Let's cancelled the black rapper but give passes to our white faves who potentially hate us and are only using us for ally points.

If a pop girl sang these lyrics you’d praise it. When you look at the context he’s using it in he’s obviously talking about him getting more educated and condemning his use of the word before

The way almost none of y'all listened to the song, read the ENTIRE lyrics and used your brains before thinking you can have an opinion.

There are absolutely things about the song that can be criticized, but overall the song is well intentioned and for someone of his status calling out casual homophobia/transphobia within the black community (and I know y'all white Europeans aren't trying to speak on THAT) that he actively participated in. Things that were learned due to religion and the culture surrounding us, as well as calling out the hypocrisy of cis straight black men using the f word like it's no big deal, but a white girl uses the n word (and not even IN a degrading way) causes problems because of the word's history as a slur...

Like come on y'all, miss me with the high and mighty bullshit if you didn't even listen to the song or attempted to digest it's meaning.

Now if y'all wanna have a conversation on the effect of the delivery coming from his past pov being mixed with his current pov resulting in conflicting pronoun use and dead naming then we can talk. That also has a narrative use, but it's also just as fair to criticize it.

3 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I mean... Madonna said some problematic shit in Truth or Dare

And she got dragged. She gets dragged for the simplest things, i don't think she escaped hate for her problematic moments. Why Kendrick Lamar shouldn't face the same reactions by people?

Wendy Williams No GIF

58 minutes ago, Shego said:

And she got dragged. She gets dragged for the simplest things, i don't think she escaped hate for her problematic moments. Why Kendrick Lamar shouldn't face the same reactions by people?

Wendy Williams No GIF

Because he's not being problematic? He's telling a story?

8 hours ago, Madonna said:

Still doesn't make it okay. He wouldn't want a white person doing the same shit with the n-word as well. 

why does it always have to go to this? there's literally no correlation or comparison between one or the other

xwjoTgU.gif

19 minutes ago, Tomás said:

why does it always have to go to this? there's literally no correlation or comparison between one or the other

xwjoTgU.gif

Kendrick himself made the comparison to be fair, so it's not him being outta pocket

15 hours ago, Teenage Wet Dream said:

I mean... Madonna said some problematic shit in Truth or Dare

And that was…when? 1991. 30 years ago… ☠️ I‘m sure many of us have used the r-word a few years ago when it wasn’t considered a slur.

That said, using the f-word as a hetero-sexual man even if it wasn’t meant in an inflammatory way is not okay. People here have been dragged to hell and back for saying they sing along to the n-word when their faves said it in a song.

These are double-standards. 

17 hours ago, Lynk said:

I will say that he should be called out for using the word, even with the context it's in. What I'm not here for is people on this very forum acting high and mighty like some of their faves haven't said shit that's just as problematic or worse. Some of you stan whole pop stars who have said the "n" word (Iggy (who also thought it would be fun to call herself a runaway slave master), Dua Lipa and Madonna), used the same word you all are demonising Kendrick for (Doja, Nicki, Cardi. Azalea Banks), have been accused of cultural appropriation and using various cultures as an aesthetic (Madonna, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, Christina Aguilera, Bruno Mars, Katy Perry, Iggy Azalea, etc.) and other stuff. Yet, none of you have ever called them out or stopped liking their content. I guess morals and beliefs take a back seat when bops are involved.

I'm not saying Kendrick shouldn't be called out for this. In fact, I encourage this. Hopefully he can learn from this going forward and even make an apology to all his fans who may have been triggered by this. What I don't need or care for is a bunch gays and "allies" demonizing Kendrick and saying he should be "cancelled" when some of your very faves have done/said worse. 

Hide contents

Also, let's not act like of this backlash on the internet doesn't have do with the genre of music he does or his race because it most definitely does. Let's cancelled the black rapper but give passes to our white faves who potentially hate us and are only using us for ally points.

Can you be more specific and show us who implied that Kendrick Lamar should be cancelled, or that people should stop listening to his music kylie3

I see few members here saying that he should be called out for using the word, but context matters. I don't see them calling him out tho, they just make random assumptions and judge the members who are actually calling him out. kylie3

3 hours ago, Shego said:

Can you be more specific and show us who implied that Kendrick Lamar should be cancelled, or that people should stop listening to his music kylie3

I see few members here saying that he should be called out for using the word, but context matters. I don't see them calling him out tho, they just make random assumptions and judge the members who are actually calling him out. kylie3

I meant on the internet in general. I even say that in the spoiler.

This is why we're still hunted & killed in 13 countries ari8. Bc they know that if we're given full right some illiterate ass f@gs incapable of understanding nuance, context, and art will use their newfound freedom against innocent people.  aretha1

no-electric-chair.gif

On 5/15/2022 at 5:49 AM, Sabrin said:

This is why we're still hunted & killed in 13 countries ari8. Bc they know that if we're given full right some illiterate ass f@gs incapable of understanding nuance, context, and art will use their newfound freedom against innocent people.  aretha1

no-electric-chair.gif

Miss Russian Apologist has spoken.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Still doesn't make it okay. He wouldn't want a white person doing the same shit with the n-word as well.   

I will assume none of ya'll read the lyrics to the entire song. The song is about his family member transitioned MTF and how his/public views have changed. Not saying "faggot" in the same way Eminem d

Context matters. He wasn’t using it to be inflammatory. The song is about learning to put behind bigotry he had when he was younger in order to grow up as he learned to accept and love the community f

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.