maxb2726

is this problematic?

Hey girlies, 
I was wondering what you guys thought of this…
I’ve always felt problematic for stanning Kesha whilst being a massive Kim and Doja fan as well. I don’t like or support Luke  at all, but I love their music, I think it’s really fun and bubbly. Every time I listen to them though, I can’t help but think I’m kind of supporting an abuser. I’ve had a few discussions with my friends about this and they say it’s not that deep but I feel like I’m doing Kesha wrong? 
Even Mariah worked with him recently and I just felt really suss about that TOO.
I know I’m probably being contradictory but that’s exactly why I’m struggling with this. 

1 hour ago, Slayty Perry said:

You're lack of streams aren't going to to make a difference

What kinda response is this? dead2

I mean you're not wrong but damn dead2

This sort of thing is subjective. For the average person, I think trying to make sure none of your money goes to any terrible person or evil corporation is an endeavor that is absolutely guaranteed to fail, and you'll drive yourself nuts trying to do it. What it mostly comes down to then is if it bothers you if you already know about it; for example I personally have 0 problem whatsoever watching films made by Roman Polanski despite the fact that he should be in prison and I enjoy the films, so I continue to watch them. So pretty much, I suggest weighing how much you enjoy listening to those songs against how you feel about it knowing they're produced by a terrible person. If you like them enough, listen, and if it bothers you enough and think you'll feel better when you don't, then stop.

I have no problem with seperating the art from the artist. I can like and listen to a problematic artist’s music without being supportive of them or everything they say/do. That’s just how I see it, I know a lot of people will disagree though.

Dr. Luke was/is a great producer, he has produced excellent pop music.. but idk why anyone would risk working with him anymore, there’s a lot of other great producers 

2 minutes ago, Kristina said:

I have no problem with seperating the art from the artist. I can like and listen to a problematic artist’s music without being supportive of them or everything they say/do. That’s just how I see it, I know a lot of people will disagree though.

Dr. Luke was/is a great producer, he has produced excellent pop music.. but idk why anyone would risk working with him anymore, there’s a lot of other great producers 

Yeah they could easily work with Ilya or something. brit3

If you enjoy their art, then keep watching/listening/reading. true1 It's unrealistic to keep track of every abusers/rapists and their involvement in a project. I literally had no idea who Harvey Weinstein was and how many movies he produced/funded until people came forward about him, so we all have contributed to his luxurious lifestyle already. mad5 Also how many musicians/writers from the past were abusers? Can you imagine if it was found that Shakespeare molested little kids under 10 year old, would we all stop reading/studying his works? mad5 Or if Einstein was an abuser, would we all stop using satellites because he's the one who came up with the Theory of General relativity? mad5

If you feel strongly about an abuser, then don't support them. true1

I won't lie when I say I bop to Turn Off The Lights during spooky season, but in no way do I support Kim or Dr. Luke. I try to not stream their music through streaming services or in a way where they can make profit off. 

Doja is definitely another case than Kim.

1 minute ago, maxb2726 said:

omfg you've probably fuming  at me rn which is so understandable  brit5

im not fuming, its just disappointing. i dont fault the listener, i fault the artist. kesha3 

21 minutes ago, Chris said:

im not fuming, its just disappointing. i dont fault the listener, i fault the artist. kesha3 

Definitely, it’s also really disappointing because I feel like I relate a lot to Kim- in the scene that we have the same personalities etc. I honestly believe Luke is blocking her from becoming a well known icon. I bet you if she worked with Max Martin or something she would take off.

24 minutes ago, maxb2726 said:

Definitely, it’s also really disappointing because I feel like I relate a lot to Kim- in the scene that we have the same personalities etc. I honestly believe Luke is blocking her from becoming a well known icon. I bet you if she worked with Max Martin or something she would take off.

i dont want to get too involved in this conversation but lets say this; its  when she said this is when she lost her career.

I would like my fans to know that I wouldn’t work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women, definitely not

in other words, she said kesha lied jj4