Kylie

Olivia Rodrigo celebrates ‘SOUR’ anniversary

Olivia Rodrigo Celebrates ‘Sour’ Anniversary, Reflects on How Album ‘Forever Changed My Life’

Olivia Rodrigo

"Thank u to everyone who has embraced my 17 year old lamentations and forever changed my life in the process," the singer-actress wrote.

Olivia Rodrigo is reflecting on the success of her massive debut album, Sour.

“my first album SOUR came out a year ago today. it is impossible for me to sum up in words how much this album means to me and how grateful I am to have gotten the privilege to make it and watch it exist in the world,” Rodrigo wrote on Instagram. The songstress’ post included a reflective gallery of photos and videos from the past year, including images of her handwritten lyrics, a snapshot of her multiple Grammys, a text message screenshot, and more. She went on to thank producer Dan Nigro, who co-wrote and produced her breakthrough single “Drivers License.”

“thank u @dan_nigro for making it with me and believing in me more than anyone,” the three-time Grammy winner added. “and thank u to everyone who has embraced my 17 year old lamentations and forever changed my life in the process.”

Sour spent five weeks atop the weekly Billboard 200 in June-July 2021 and launched a pair of Hot 100 No. 1s in “Drivers License” and “Good 4 U.” The set finished at No. 2 on the year-end Billboard 200 Albums tally in 2021, while “Good” and “License” are Nos. 5 and 8, respectively, on the same year-end Hot 100 Songs recap.

Rodrigo was also No. 1 on Billboard’s 2021 year-end Hot 100 Artists, Hot 100 Songwriters, Billboard Global 200 Artists, Streaming Songs Artists, Pop Airplay Artists and Billboard Canadian Hot 100 Artists rankings.

Source:

Spoiler

X

Even though she's far from my favorite new artist, she has had huge success and this album really did a lot! true1 

3 minutes ago, Luca said:

Oh absolutely! Sour in trinity 2021 albums! true1 

And what is your trinity from the album? true1 

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

hope ur ok, happier & traitor true1 

Giving this album a spin again true1 I’m at driver’s license, guess this album is kinda good true1 

11 minutes ago, Luca said:

Sad girl summer incoming for you! true1 

Was going for hot girl summer but I guess this works as well true1