yan

why the dixie chick are so hate in the usa?

so I was at the Kelly Clarkson show Facebook page (yes I still using Facebook in 2022) and I was seeing the guests of the week until I saw the chick was a guest and I went to the comments and everybody was hating on them and I was so confused, so what happened? (I  know them for their names but I've listened to their song I know that something happens but don't exactly what happened)

(I'm hoping I'm in the right section to do this thread ari6)

Because they spoke out against George W. Bush when he was the president over his illegal invasion of Iraq and as a result they were labelled unpatriotic and traitors. Even though history has gone on to show that Bush was indeed a war criminal and horrible president, the conservative crowd who listens to country music (their genre) has never forgiven them because they've continued to be very outspokenly liberal. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Mendes said:

Because they spoke out against George W. Bush when he was the president over his illegal invasion of Iraq and as a result, they were labeled unpatriotic and traitors. Even though history has gone on to show that Bush was indeed a war criminal and horrible president, the conservative crowd who listens to country music (their genre) has never forgiven them because they've continued to be very outspokenly liberal. 

omg, and thank u for explaining to me

1 hour ago, Chris said:

what Mr. Mendes said^ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chicks#2003–2005:_Iraq_War_comments_and_backlash

if you watched Taylor's Miss Americana documentary, Taylor touched on that too and branched off of it and spoke about herself

thank u I'll read the article, and I forgot to mention I actually knew them bc of this documentary too but i didn't know what happen.

22 minutes ago, yan said:

thank u I'll read the article, and I forgot to mention I actually knew them bc of this documentary too but i didn't know what happen.

Taylor definitely mentioned the political portion of it tay2