Snow

Texas lawmaker responds to gun violence on children by banning drag shows

bryanslaton_750x422_creditonimage.jpg

Just weeks after the mass school shooting in Uvalde, Bryan Slaton of the Texas House of Representatives has announced intent to file a bold new ban to protect Texas’ children.

Not a ban on assault weapons, of course; Slaton has proposed a ban on drag shows in any proximity to minors.

Calling drag shows “inappropriate sexual content,” Texas Republican state lawmaker Rep. Bryan Slaton continued to promote his far-right agenda Monday, which includes a bill that would outlaw abortion, classify it as homicide, and make having an abortion or performing an abortion subject to the death penalty. 

Slaton, who has been endorsed by the NRA and Gun Owners of America, is doing his best to make sure Texas voters focus on queer performers rather than the gun violence that’s been terrorizing their children’s schools. 

“I promised my voters that I would stand up for their values and fight to protect Texas kids,” Rep. Slaton said in a statement. “The events of this past weekend were horrifying, and show a disturbing trend in which perverted adults are obsessed with sexualizing young children. As a father of two young children, I would never take my children to a drag show.” 

“Protecting our own children isn’t enough, and our responsibility as lawmakers extends to the sexualization that is happening across Texas,” added Slaton.

Although entirely unrelated the statement notes Slaton has “already announced that he will continue his fight to make sex change therapies on minor ‘child abuse.,'” despite medical experts saying certain therapies, like puberty blockers, are “lifesaving.”

On top of it all, it’s unclear what the parameters of this legislation would entail as of yet. After all, what constitutes a drag show? Is it just any queen performing anywhere? And what would it mean for minors who dabble in drag themselves? God forbid a 17-year-old boy slap on a lash and some drugstore blush, lest Bryan fire up the electric chair.

x

“I promised my voters that I would stand up for their values and fight to protect Texas kids,”

Yeah, drag shows are really what threatens these kids’ safety jj4 

Yep, drag shows really threaten kids' safety these days because they are just being themselves lol3 drag shows are somehow more harmful than 18 year olds who are legally allowed to purchase AR rifles and then proceed to shoot up schools lol3 Make it make sense lol3