Snow

Gay Republican org slam Texas GOP after they reject them for being gay

The concept of the log cabin republicans will never not be hysterical to me. It’s one thing to be financially conservative, but they can’t possibly sell me that it’s possible to co-equally exist with social conservatives.

Social Conservatism is the real mental illness and requires a cure. 

2 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

The concept of the log cabin republicans will never not be hysterical to me. It’s one thing to be financially conservative, but they can’t possibly sell me that it’s possible to co-equally exist with social conservatives.

Social Conservatism is the real mental illness and requires a cure. 

I know very little about them, so I'm just guessing, but perhaps they're trying to get their foot in the door to steer the Republican party in a more socially up-to-date position – while remaining fiscally conservative and traditionalists. I don't know. 

12 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I know very little about them, so I'm just guessing, but perhaps they're trying to get their foot in the door to steer the Republican party in a more socially up-to-date position – while remaining fiscally conservative and traditionalists. I don't know. 

I’m only vaguely aware of their origin story, and the origin of the story behind the name  (Lincoln allegedly having a special relationship with his partner in the grocer business in the late 1830s), and they have been a force for change in some places, but I just can’t understand advocating for tradition and being gay dead2

8 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

I’m only vaguely aware of their origin story, and the origin of the story behind the name  (Lincoln allegedly having a special relationship with his partner in the grocer business in the late 1830s), and they have been a force for change in some places, but I just can’t understand advocating for tradition and being gay dead2

LOL dead2 I cackled.

Yeah conservative gays are unicorns for sure. But I've heard of them and their arguments. It seems to me that they've separated traditionalism and the Christian/Puritan aspect that it comes from – yet still advocates that that is like... the best way for society? Like a secular puritan society, lol. It comes off as pretty prudish and dull, maintaining all of the fiscally independent and small-govnt points they love to talk about. I believe conservative gays probably have different vibes in different countries. I bet they're all transphobes in the UK jj2