Shego

Thoughts about Beyonce's comeback single?

I think it's a lot of fun! It uses it's sample really well and the production around it is perfect for the clubs. It's a very different vibe for her, and I'm glad she's branching out into a new sound in her discography. It's not her best song no, but it's a lot of fun and she sounds more energetic and into this than she ever did on EiL and TLK:TG. 

50 minutes ago, Slayty Perry said:

Unlistenable but that's been her music for a while now

Not you setting Miss Hudson up like this....good luck baby girl 

Idk, at first Listen it seems uneventful and quite basic. The Big Freedia sample isn‘t helping either. 

However, I‘m glad it’s house and dance influenced, let the sound return! clap3

I'm honestly quite excited to see her moving into this sound. House is a genre that originated in the underground scene of black communities, and it has been a genre that's been highjacked by white artists and producers. Just like rock 'n roll, they take the credit for it while the community who originated it has been slowly pushed out for years. It's powerful to see her coming in to help reclaim it, and sampling a vital song by another black artist who was incredibly important to this scene in addition. I just think that's really cool, honestly. 

On my first listen it was alright but I know it’ll grow on me. I love the beat and I love the message of the song. Interested to see how the entire album sounds now. 

1 hour ago, Slayty Perry said:

Capickle Camayo stan getting brave lol3

13 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

I'm honestly quite excited to see her moving into this sound. House is a genre that originated in the underground scene of black communities, and it has been a genre that's been highjacked by white artists and producers. Just like rock 'n roll, they take the credit for it while the community who originated it has been slowly pushed out for years. It's powerful to see her coming in to help reclaim it, and sampling a vital song by another black artist who was incredibly important to this scene in tow. I just think that's really cool, honestly. 

Come on history lesson clap3

1 hour ago, Slayty Perry said:

Prepare for the backlash, sweaty lol3 

Love it, it’s fun!

19 minutes ago, Lynk said:

Capickle Camayo stan getting brave lol3

They stan Cameltoe Carbonkel? lol3 Speaking of unlistenable music…

And here I thought Gaga was unoriginal for using that dusty sample on Sour Candy…

Here comes Bey with the 10000th song to use that sample and it ends up sounding like a RuPaul outtake. lol3 

And it’s not just basic in terms of production, the lyrics the overall art direction of this era screams pretentiousness with a core of basic and laziness. Who wrote these damn lyrics??? This is the most repetitive shit she put out in a while.

11 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Here comes Bey with the 10000th song to use that sample and it ends up sounding like a RuPaul outtake. lol3 

Girl I thought the exact same thing. Sounds like something RuPaul would release I cant. gaga6

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

hmm 

It seems like Miss Katy was ahead of her time when she released Swish Swish in 2013 cause this song sounds like a watered down version of it. And the idea of releasing a gay-pandering song/album

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.