Kristina

Why does Beyoncé get away with releasing the most mediocre music?

No matter what Beyoncé releases it’s met with universal praise. Why does she get away with releasing mediocre music more than anyone else? Why can she do no wrong in people’s eyes? What makes her so special? Literally the most overrated artist ever jj4 

3 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

I think her last two solo albums were great but the TL on Twitter fighting and dishing out the discourses about house music and its roots to defend a mid ass song is so stupid nicki5 Why can't her fan base accept that not everyone will like the song. 

Everything she does has to have some "deeper" meaning or be empowering in some way jj4 it’s so pretentious

2 minutes ago, harry said:

Don't we already have a thread to state your opinion on the new single? nicki5

This is my opinion on Beyoncé in general jj2 

Because its Beyonce and everyone overhypes her music. She's argubally one of if not the best live performer of all time but her discography is meh. 

idk why everyone is so god damn pressed over the new song, so what if its “generic” and “mid”? beyonce has literally done it ALL, shes just having fun and doing whatever she wants. Personally, as someone whos had my ups and downs with Beyonce as an artist, it feels so great to see her not take herself so damn seriously. brit4

1 minute ago, Gilly said:

idk why everyone is so god damn pressed over the new song, so what if its “generic” and “mid”? beyonce has literally done it ALL, shes just having fun and doing whatever she wants. Personally, as someone whos had my ups and downs with Beyonce as an artist, it feels so great to see her not take herself so damn seriously. brit4

That's not really the issue. It's more the fact her stans try to hype everything she does up as revolutionary and boundary changing when most of the time it isn't. 

Just now, Billie Frank said:

That's not really the issue. It's more the fact her stans try to hype everything she does up as revolutionary and boundary changing when most of the time it isn't. 

it isnt?  i wasnt a huge fan of lemonade as a whole, but what she did with self titled and lemonade was arguably worth of the praise and it DID have impact. Maybe her side projects have been overrated (like the lion king soundtrack and her album with jay z), but her solo work is DEFINITELY worthy of its reception 

No idea tbh. And i'm sure her new 6/10 lead single will be nominated everywhere and get a lot of acclaim by sites like Pitchfork.. So odd. jj4 If someone else had release that the reactions would've been a lot different. jj4

1 hour ago, Kristina said:

Everything she does has to have some "deeper" meaning or be empowering in some way jj4 it’s so pretentious

This. When Beyoncé is on, she’s on. But she can’t constantly be on — and not everything is the second coming. 

This new song is fine — but it’s also very meh. 

Sometimes a vapid song is a vapid song.

51 minutes ago, Gilly said:

clap1 

The song is fun but it’s nothing revolutionary. It’s literally a house track about freeing your mind and having fun. That’s been done to death. I don’t get why the hive needs to make it seem as if every Beyoncé song is this revolutionary body of work or something. The song is good but it isn’t changing anything about House music. 

2 hours ago, Gilly said:

it isnt?  i wasnt a huge fan of lemonade as a whole, but what she did with self titled and lemonade was arguably worth of the praise and it DID have impact. Maybe her side projects have been overrated (like the lion king soundtrack and her album with jay z), but her solo work is DEFINITELY worthy of its reception 

Im talking about her career as a whole, those are just two examples and I'd be inclined to agree regarding Lemonade. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No matter what Beyoncé releases it’s met with universal praise. Why does she get away with releasing mediocre music more than anyone else? Why can she do no wrong in people’s eyes? What makes her so s

I think her last two solo albums were great but the TL on Twitter fighting and dishing out the discourses about house music and its roots to defend a mid ass song is so stupid  Why can't her fan base

Everything she does has to have some "deeper" meaning or be empowering in some way  it’s so pretentious

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.