Kristina

Why does Beyoncé get away with releasing the most mediocre music?

The song is not changing the game, no. It isn’t the best song she’s ever released.

It is however an important milestone for the genre. Y’all can call that conversation “stupid” all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s important to a lot of people so of course they’re going to defend it. 

If you don’t like it fine but don’t shit on what’s important to other people, especially don’t do it if you’re not a part of the community that this is so major for. It’s not cute. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Mendes said:

The song is not changing the game, no. It isn’t the best song she’s ever released.

It is however an important milestone for the genre. Y’all can call that conversation “stupid” all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s important to a lot of people so of course they’re going to defend it. 

If you don’t like it fine but don’t shit on what’s important to other people, especially if you’re not a part of the community that this is so major for. It’s not cute. 

This alex1

4 minutes ago, Urbi said:

Beyoncé doing something serious - her haters think she’s pretentious

Beyoncé doing something light and fun - her haters think she’s pretentious 

Pick a struggle rip3 

And it always comes from the crowds who stan people who’ve never done anything actually game changing too. They can only clock “pretentiousness” because their girls have never had something impact like the ones they love to hate have. 

2 hours ago, SeekingThrill said:

Madgina released a similar repetitive song and nobody cared.  eve1 

And it was released as a single too, they really think they did something with these house tracks jj4

2 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

If you don’t like it fine but don’t shit on what’s important to other people, especially don’t do it if you’re not a part of the community that this is so major for. It’s not cute. 

I’m sorry but what the fuck are you on about dead4  Important milestone dead4 what fucking important milestole is this exactly 

The thing is.. I like a lot of her music, but she gets away with WAY more than any other female artist ever will and even her worst and most basic music is being praised as something it just isn’t. Had Katy or Gaga released this song people would have dragged them for it. Idc about whatever empowering story you have to make up to defend this, it’s still not a good song.

1 hour ago, Joanna said:

I’m sorry but what the fuck are you on about dead4  Important milestone dead4 what fucking important milestole is this exactly 

He’s trying to push this point down everyone’s throat because he saw some desperate Beyhive members saying it on Twitter to defend this lazy release dead2 

4 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

If it's not changing the game how is it an important milestone for the genre? See this is why I hate about her fan base even thought I like the music. Why does everything circle back to race with Beyoncé's music, this doesn't happen to any other black female artist. Even when it's supposed to be a fun song, we always have to have these heavy conversations because some people don't like it and the hive has to justify and defending it to death by applying heavy rhetoric. 

26 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

Oh and miss me with that "coming from people who don't stan artists who change the game". Like Britney or whoever is in my badge are the only people I listen to. Just pretentious again. 

But people acting like Britney hasn’t changed the game or had huge impact is just lol3 

9 hours ago, Kaeya said:

Personally I think the song is pretty good compared to other artists who have tried House and failed (one artist in particular). It's not mediocre, just a little over mid for me.

So far Gaga, Katy and Beyoncé have all tried it and failed miserably. The gay-pandering needs to stop if the result ends up being as shit as this.

56 minutes ago, Kristina said:

But people acting like Britney hasn’t changed the game or had huge impact is just lol3 

Because she hasn‘t. Nothing she has done was particularly groundbreaking.

"Why does she get away with a mediocre song this time?" maybe should've been the title of this thread, and the answer to that is because she's spent multiple years since 2011 restructuring and rebranding herself through her music. 4 - Beyoncé - Lemonade is a string of peak Beyoncé. Deny her all you want, but those 3 albums saw her best songs ever created. Sure, her debut and sophomore albums may be regarded as nostalgic masterpieces by her hive and parts of the general public who lived through those times when she was young and newly minted as a solo artist, but almost every professional critics will agree that they aren't as "classic" as 4 or self-titled. Sure, I Am... Sasha Fierce was so ubiquitous back in the day, but the songs were and still are criticized for being bottom of the barrel basics. When compared to 4, even, Sasha was seen as "Bey went sellout" while 4 was "the awakening of Yoncé." Let alone comparing all of her albums to Lemonade, which is actually a great album and I'm not even talking with a bias here.

So, to conclude, she gets away this time because her last three albums (putting aside the side projects such as The Gift and Everything Is Love) were the version of Beyoncé Knowles she had made sure we'll remember the most moving forward. Anything that came before it was largely considered as "of course it was patchy, she just started as a solo artist!" Restructure and rebrand.

2 hours ago, Horn.E said:

"Why does she get away with a mediocre song this time?" maybe should've been the title of this thread, and the answer to that is because she's spent multiple years since 2011 restructuring and rebranding herself through her music. 4 - Beyoncé - Lemonade is a string of peak Beyoncé. Deny her all you want, but those 3 albums saw her best songs ever created. Sure, her debut and sophomore albums may be regarded as nostalgic masterpieces by her hive and parts of the general public who lived through those times when she was young and newly minted as a solo artist, but almost every professional critics will agree that they aren't as "classic" as 4 or self-titled. Sure, I Am... Sasha Fierce was so ubiquitous back in the day, but the songs were and still are criticized for being bottom of the barrel basics. When compared to 4, even, Sasha was seen as "Bey went sellout" while 4 was "the awakening of Yoncé." Let alone comparing all of her albums to Lemonade, which is actually a great album and I'm not even talking with a bias here.

So, to conclude, she gets away this time because her last three albums (putting aside the side projects such as The Gift and Everything Is Love) were the version of Beyoncé Knowles she had made sure we'll remember the most moving forward. Anything that came before it was largely considered as "of course it was patchy, she just started as a solo artist!" Restructure and rebrand.

The way it's the complete opposite of everything you said

Her earlier stuff was when her music was actually good and ever since her self-titled it's been horrible

4 hours ago, Horn.E said:

I agree that she definitely managed to rebrand herself and change artistically. However, a lot of that has to do with the disappearance of her father as her manager and Jay-Z being a huge influence and factor in terms of marketing, visualization, etc. Beyoncé isn't as involved in her music as people claim she is. I mean, Self-Titled...THE album that redefined her is barely her work. Most if not all the songs on there existed long before they were handed to Beyoncé. She doesn't write much herself and neither does she produce. However, she is great at conveying the emotion of a song. Something the original artists may not be capable of the way that she is. She is also a great performer and a vocalist. Her not being involved in the creation of the music does not take away much from the fact that she is a great performer, kind of in the same way that Britney is (or was) for example.

That said, Everything is Love and The Gift were trash and I think she knows that. I can't hep but think that Jay-Z has a little too much influence into the things she has put out lately. I would like to see more LEMONADE and less EIL. So far, we've only heard one single and it sucks. It doesn't mean that the rest will too but I mean...look at the cover art even:

FVvqO7ZWIAAoczQ?format=jpg&name=small

This is utter pretentiousness along the lines of Jay-Z and Kanye West.

11 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

In comes Mr. Mendes to lecture everyone about the cultural value of a Beyoncé single that is most likely the blandest she has ever been lyrically and conceptually.

29 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I agree that she definitely managed to rebrand herself and change artistically. However, a lot of that has to do with the disappearance of her father as her manager and Jay-Z being a huge influence and factor in terms of marketing, visualization, etc. Beyoncé isn't as involved in her music as people claim she is. I mean, Self-Titled...THE album that redefined her is barely her work. Most if not all the songs on there existed long before they were handed to Beyoncé. She doesn't write much herself and neither does she produce. However, she is great at conveying the emotion of a song. Something the original artists may not be capable of the way that she is. She is also a great performer and a vocalist. Her not being involved in the creation of the music does not take away much from the fact that she is a great performer, kind of in the same way that Britney is (or was) for example.

That said, Everything is Love and The Gift were trash and I think she knows that. I can't hep but think that Jay-Z has a little too much influence into the things she has put out lately. I would like to see more LEMONADE and less EIL. So far, we've only heard one single and it sucks. It doesn't mean that the rest will too but I mean...look at the cover art even:

FVvqO7ZWIAAoczQ?format=jpg&name=small

This is utter pretentiousness along the lines of Jay-Z and Kanye West.

Idk of she's ever or never write and produce her own songs like the credits suggested, but yeah her skills as a vocalist and a performer are the biggest factor why she still has a tight grip on pop culture's neck. She's more of a Whitney than Mariah, if I have to bring other artists for comparison. Btw that's not the actual single cover for BMS, it's this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVrELHkZ6zbwnn9YdXc8B

That being said, I'm optimistic about the full album. If done right, house music can be more than just basic untz untz music.

4 hours ago, Slayty Perry said:

The way it's the complete opposite of everything you said

Her earlier stuff was when her music was actually good and ever since her self-titled it's been horrible

I don't want to seem like an ableist person, but I think you're deaf. That's what Smile will do to a person, though, so I understand.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No matter what Beyoncé releases it’s met with universal praise. Why does she get away with releasing mediocre music more than anyone else? Why can she do no wrong in people’s eyes? What makes her so s

I think her last two solo albums were great but the TL on Twitter fighting and dishing out the discourses about house music and its roots to defend a mid ass song is so stupid  Why can't her fan base

Everything she does has to have some "deeper" meaning or be empowering in some way  it’s so pretentious

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.