Jump to content
fab

Break My Soul misses Top 10 debut on the Hot 100

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, SeekingThrill said:

Commercially? 

They were successful, but her previous albums sold more and had big hits. 

I’d didn’t say they weren’t, what I am saying is that everything after them will never see the same kind of success. 
 

Her first few albums, yes, SOLD more — but meh, it was a different time — I’m referring to the context of 2022, everything that comes after them will not see those heights. 
 

Same with the singles. 
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Break My Soul
15-7-9-9-7

Quote

Beyoncé’s “Break My Soul” rises 9-7 on the Hot 100, returning to its best rank. The lead single from her album Renaissance, due July 29, commands the multi-metric Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart for a fourth week.

Will most likely stay steady next week and then rise into the top 5 after the albums release. Certified hit. bop1

Link to post
Share on other sites

The gay rage on display over a Beyoncé single that doesn’t punch your prostate. Don’t let that disappointment consume you. lol3

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, harry said:

The gay rage on display over a Beyoncé single that doesn’t punch your prostate. Don’t let that disappointment consume you. lol3

What is it with things not hitting the g-spot around here? rip2 @Kylie

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2022 at 3:02 PM, harry said:

The gay rage on display over a Beyoncé single that doesn’t punch your prostate. Don’t let that disappointment consume you. lol3

Get these faggots!!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have already said it in the Beyoncé section: The album is fucking phenomenal. This song? Not so much…easily the weakest of the bunch but I somewhat understand why it was chosen as the first single. It’s sad though, because there are so many songs that are far far better than this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2022 at 9:30 PM, Madonna said:

I have already said it in the Beyoncé section: The album is fucking phenomenal. This song? Not so much…easily the weakest of the bunch but I somewhat understand why it was chosen as the first single. It’s sad though, because there are so many songs that are far far better than this.

Yeah but would they do as great or better commercially - that is the question

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Urbi said:

Yeah but would they do as great or better commercially - that is the question

I'm kinda torn about this. Part of me believes that Break My Soul only did its numbers based on her name and because it was the lead single of her highly anticipated album. She pretty much could have released any other uptempo song from the album that had a bit of a catchy hook and it would have done similarly well. I really wished, she would have pushed for a more progressive track to change this idea of "releasing the most basic song = commercial success".

Then again, Break My Soul is probably the only song that has a somewhat conventional structure but was sonically in line with the rest of the album. Cuff It would have been the most logic choice of song but it's absolutely not representative of the album.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Madonna said:

I'm kinda torn about this. Part of me believes that Break My Soul only did its numbers based on her name and because it was the lead single of her highly anticipated album. She pretty much could have released any other uptempo song from the album that had a bit of a catchy hook and it would have done similarly well. I really wished, she would have pushed for a more progressive track to change this idea of "releasing the most basic song = commercial success".

Then again, Break My Soul is probably the only song that has a somewhat conventional structure but was sonically in line with the rest of the album. Cuff It would have been the most logic choice of song but it's absolutely not representative of the album.

I was actually gonna say that the only reasonable choice would be Cuff It cause it’s a banger! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get the beef with Break My Soul tbh, it was a great glimpse into what we were going to get with the album, Beyoncé gave vocals, something commercially friendly and honestly? Something approachable for people who haven't been too into the post-2013 Beyoncé eras.

 

She talks her shit a LOT on Renaissance and is raunchier than ever. This is one of those genuine feel good songs that still has a more universally enjoyable vibe! (Who can't relate to being tired of work?!)

 

The fact that it's message is equally timely but timeless is why I think it was a well calculated choice to release this song.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Strobo said:

I don't get the beef with Break My Soul tbh, it was a great glimpse into what we were going to get with the album, Beyoncé gave vocals, something commercially friendly and honestly? Something approachable for people who haven't been too into the post-2013 Beyoncé eras.

 

She talks her shit a LOT on Renaissance and is raunchier than ever. This is one of those genuine feel good songs that still has a more universally enjoyable vibe! (Who can't relate to being tired of work?!)

 

The fact that it's message is equally timely but timeless is why I think it was a well calculated choice to release this song.

But was it strong enough to get enough people to actually listen to or buy this album? Seemingly not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madonna said:

But was it strong enough to get enough people to actually listen to or buy this album? Seemingly not.

It's supposed to be going number #1, both the song and the whole album this week?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is honestly great with three days of tracking. It's better than some of the girls can pull off, and that's impressive considering Beyonce isn't at her peak anymore. This was never gonna be a #1 b

Trash song.       Too bad the faggots streaming this have destroyed their brains from all the poppers to notice.  


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×