Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Thomas

What do you think of the Sleazy Remix 2.0?

Adding on to this, New York Post Review - 4/5 Stars:

Call it slow burn 2.0.

It’s an unusual song that gets released in 2010 to little notice and with a remix re-emerges as a milestone hip-hop event a year later. But that’s what pop vocalist Ke$ha has accomplished with an update of her tune “Sleazy” — first out on her EP “Cannibal.”

Like the original, “Sleazy Remix 2.0 Get Sleazier,” out today, features the electro pop star, now 24, working the song in her sing/rap style. In a bit of irony, the tune finds a girl who spells her name with a dollar sign brushing off wealthy men, letting them know how unimpressed she is with the size of their bank accounts. A sassy Ke$ha coos: “I don’t need you or your brand new Benz.” That chorus hook is familiar 2010 “Sleazy” ground.

Things get more interesting in the new version, with Ke$ha enlisting an A-list quartet of MCs who supercharge the song. The rappers include T.I., Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa, as well as Andre 3000 from Outkast. All, except for Andre, try to boast their ways into Ke$ha’s, let’s say, heart, with claims of Kama Sutra swagger and Fort Knox (rather than hard knocks) accomplishments. Andre 3000’s rap is the most wholesome, about a kid coming to grips with a deadbeat dad, and Lil Wayne, whose nickname is Weezy, gets slightly sleazy for his double entendre-filled boudoir boasts.

http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/music/ke_ha_cashes_in_on_sleazy_A4OpSdWSFguKpOyyRE2RVO

#62 ...it's not my favorite. I LOVE THE ORIGINAL since last Christmastime, but the remix is just ok.

She might as well release it as a regular single because it'll probably be top 10 on iTunes, and it features all those different rappers so it'll tear up on the rap/hip hop stations. And it'll probably do good on Pop. Just a thought. But idk.

It may be too close to release a new single if the first single from her next album is coming out in February/March, but whatever. It wouldn't be too too weird.

Guest supern☯va

It's wild and I like it. But I do wish Ke$ha had her own verse. I don't like it as much as the original, but I'm sure I'll still be listening to it on a fairly regular basis.

And T.I. has a really sexy voice. Who'da thunk?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.