MarvinGayefan123

Why do people think Aaliyah is a legend?

Is sad that the kid died at the age of 22 but a legend? The media and fans are going wild and have so for 10 years or so. She wasn't even talented and doesn't have any memorable album's in the likes of Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell, Nina Simone etc, didn't innovative anything, couldn't sing at all, no stage presence etc, she wasn't even that big in terms of popularity. 

Like what is it? 

1 hour ago, Harry. said:

She's only trendy because she's dead.

Nobody out here calling her a legend, maybe an icon? 

Do you know how many R&B artists have cited her as an influence? Her sound (especially the red album) has an impact on R&B and it’s sound during the 2000s and even right now. She’s still heavily referenced in R&B and Hip Hop songs today and her influence still can be felt to this day. The fact that we’re still talking about her over 20 years after her death speaks volumes. Your tone deaf ass comment about how she’s “trendy cause she’s dead” is dumb cause trendy artists don’t continue to influence their generation and those after over 30 years after their debut. 

3 hours ago, Harry. said:

She's only trendy because she's dead.

Nobody out here calling her a legend, maybe an icon? 

Are Freddie Mercury, Prince, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Aretha Franklin, and any of the other dead musicians "trendy cause they're dead" 

Fuck all the way off

I don't listen to Aaliyah cos it's not my cup of tea, but I'm not gonna sit here and say she had zero impact on music

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

Are Freddie Mercury, Prince, Kurt Cobain, Amy Winehouse, Janis Joplin, Aretha Franklin, and any of the other dead musicians "trendy cause they're dead" 

Fuck all the way off

I don't listen to Aaliyah cos it's not my cup of tea, but I'm not gonna sit here and say she had zero impact on music

Want a tissue for your tears?

6 minutes ago, Harry. said:

Want a tissue for your tears?

Oh no bestie I'm not sobbing, you've had a few opinions which come across like other opinions don't matter

8 minutes ago, Simón. said:

OP is some sad troll who has nothing better to do than to troll a dead forum and that harry user is a Putin stan, so don't expect the smartest posts from him as well. 

Troll to a dead forum? What are you even talking about? This is a new forum and it is far from dead, think before typing kid 

1 hour ago, Lynk said:

Do you know how many R&B artists have cited her as an influence? Her sound (especially the red album) has an impact on R&B and it’s sound during the 2000s and even right now. She’s still heavily referenced in R&B and Hip Hop songs today and her influence still can be felt to this day. The fact that we’re still talking about her over 20 years after her death speaks volumes. Your tone deaf ass comment about how she’s “trendy cause she’s dead” is dumb cause trendy artists don’t continue to influence their generation and those after over 30 years after their debut. 

This comment is seriously flawed 

53 minutes ago, Chris said:

Fuck all the way off

Aaliyah didn't have any impact, tell me what impact she had then. 

39 minutes ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

Troll to a dead forum? What are you even talking about? This is a new forum and it is far from dead, think before typing kid 

this forum has been around since before 2011 and more than 90% of the original members left the forum

35 minutes ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

my brain is seriously flawed 

i could not agree more! cloud1 

10 minutes ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

Aaliyah didn't have any impact, tell me what impact she had then. 

well, any musician dying would already have their fanbase mourning. which that would get other people who didnt listen to them before become curious about the artist.

as Lynk already said, many many musicians after Aaliyah had cited her as an influence - to this day.

i dont listen to too much R&B so i couldnt off the top of my head tell you specifically who.

Edited by Chris
1 hour ago, Chris said:

this forum has been around since before 2011 and more than 90% of the original members left the forum

i could not agree more! cloud1 

well, any musician dying would already have their fanbase mourning. which that would get other people who didnt listen to them before become curious about the artist.

as Lynk already said, many many musicians after Aaliyah had cited her as an influence - to this day.

i dont listen to too much R&B so i couldnt off the top of my head tell you specifically who.

I can't imagine rewriting a comment I posted and saying "my brain is seriously flawed" when in fact I never said that. You Gen Z kids are idiots and sad to say the very least. 

If you don't listen to R&B to begin with then what's was the point of you leaving a comment on this subject then? A person with common sense wouldn't post something they don't listen to. 

Anyone cites any artists as an influence, doesn't make them a legend. Go back to bed 

over half of the women that have been pinned in the FOTP Faves tab in the front page of this website have been super influenced by Aaliyah including Beyonce herself

I didn't know it was sexy and cute to be moronic and create a thread with undertone racism, unless OP is ready to make similar threads about white artists that had to steal from others to have a basic career like talentless Elvis 

28 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

over half of the women that have been pinned in the FOTP Faves tab in the front page of this website have been super influenced by Aaliyah including Beyonce herself

I didn't know it was sexy and cute to be moronic and create a thread with undertone racism, unless OP is ready to make similar threads about white artists that had to steal from others to have a basic career like talentless Elvis 

Oh god, an idiot who's trying to turn this into a race issue when no one here has never stated anything about black, whites etc.  

You young people are sad 

Oh lord, the demon crawled out of his cave once again. 

10 hours ago, MarvinGayefan123 said:

Is sad that the kid died at the age of 22 but a legend? The media and fans are going wild and have so for 10 years or so. She wasn't even talented and doesn't have any memorable album's in the likes of Aretha Franklin, Joni Mitchell, Nina Simone etc, didn't innovative anything, couldn't sing at all, no stage presence etc, she wasn't even that big in terms of popularity. 

Like what is it? 

I am only going to say this once. Either be respectful when you post or get the fuck off this forum. We do not tolerate hard-headed idiots like you here. 

EDIT: By the way, will you stop being such a sour boomer and actually give credit where credit is due???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She's only trendy because she's dead. Nobody out here calling her a legend, maybe an icon? 

Do you know how many R&B artists have cited her as an influence? Her sound (especially the red album) has an impact on R&B and it’s sound during the 2000s and even right now. She’s still heavi

Is sad that the kid died at the age of 22 but a legend? The media and fans are going wild and have so for 10 years or so. She wasn't even talented and doesn't have any memorable album's in the likes o

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.