Snow

Britney calls America a bully, says she hated all the documentaries about her

I agree America haven't treated her well, but I will honestly never get the hate for the documentaries, at least not Framing Britney Spears + Controlling Britney Spears. Especially the first one really did help her case, made more people aware of it, and were only made to shed light on her horrible case and actually help her. It was released months ahead of her testimony and it's what made so many people more aware. They weren't made to ridicule her or put her in a bad light. Some other documentaries were probably more exploitative and shouldn't have been made.. Of course it was ultimately her own testimony that was the beginning of the end of the conservatorship, but acting like those documentaries did nothing for the case is just not true. Even her lawyer has used them as a reference. I understand why it would feel embarrassing to have some of your worst moments aired for people to see, but I really do think it was necessary for it all to come to an end. But yeah, America truly has been horrible to her, ever since she first started career honestly. She didn't deserve that kind of treatment from anybody.

i can understand that. she had no input and had to see other people tell her story which we barely know the surface of. even bringing in people like (i forget her name) teh lady who was close to britney in her debut

People will ridicule her and miss her point entirely (as usual) but she's quite right about this whole shebang. What she delivered in court should have been enough to get her out of that conservatorship years ago, but the USA is unfortunately too strict on conservatorship itself and their perception of people with mental disorders. It was probably very fucking difficult for her to prove that she wasn't having the kind of illness that her entire family members had been saying to judge(s) and the press; she was tolerating them for so long that it must've killed her slowly to see that it had to be other people making documentaries about her struggle that is considered to be the reason why she's finally free. I understand her perfectly.

After reading the whole post, many points were made. I'm glad she blamed the country as a whole entity for the double standards she received and made it personal instead of political bias like some celebrities or politicians do gaga5 However, many of the documentaries I saw weren't great so I'm not blaming her for lashing out at them. The only one I liked was the one made in 2009. It was heavily censored on the Internet but I guess some scenes are available on YouTube.