Snow

P!nk dragged for having a misogynistic career

Other Tweets:

"yeah like i know we all love the interalized misogynistic bops now but hers are just so mean spirited i cant enjoy them even ironically like its too much"

"Pink whole shtick for years was "everybody's a slut but meee" and then the second "sex positivity" of the early 2010s rolled around she was like "shit this is what we're selling now? Okay, changing lanes!"'

"I hated her and Eminem’s music during this era. All they did was make fun of younger pop stars who probably didn’t have much control over their image. It was completely unwarranted and unnecessary. Never liked her after this song."

"In the beginning, she was appropriating hip-hop culture. After Pink got to where she wanted to be she took a 180° and moved on to the genre she wanted. So once you gained a bigger following you ditched the people who supported you in the beginning. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄"

"and the reason she stuck to that "not like other girls" thing is because she was not deemed desirable enough to be marketed like a "regular" girl, whole time she's a victim too thinking she's better than others"

Lets not forget when she took a blow up doll that was meant to look like Xtina, simulated a sex act on it and sang "Beautiful"... She really was bitter of everyone. 

20 minutes ago, Billie Frank said:

Lets not forget when she took a blow up doll that was meant to look like Xtina, simulated a sex act on it and sang "Beautiful"... She really was bitter of everyone. 

I can't pretend this isn't kinda funny 

What a bunch of snowflakes!

I am always for everyone to be nice to each other, but come on! This is pop culture. We need artists with attitudes. 

Those people in OP probably stan some vanilla artists like Jessica Simpson who can't cut a cucumber.  I was glad when Pink made fun of certain people through her career.

I don't know if Pink is jealous or bitter, but she sold 10 million copies of albums in the 2010s.  What about other girlies?

You know, artists are allowed to have different opinions.  Just because Pink thinks your fave sucks doesn't mean she is jealous or whatever. 

Her bitterness probably went full force because knows that she will never really be able to compete with her peers (aka Xtina's vocals and stage presence, Britney's performances and album sales, Jessica's clout for that tuna debacle and her business.)

9 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

Her animosity with Xtina started with the Lady Marmalade parts that she did not get because Xtina probably overshadowed her with vocal theatrics that Sm!nk herself will not be able to reach. 

Avril Lavigne was the same, too. I doubt she or Pink would advocate for something like that nowadays and may even regret the way they behaved back then. The early 2000s was peak misogyny pitting women against women. "Pick me" girls like Pink or Avril felt like they had to differentiate themselves from the "popular girls" and followed along with the media/societal bashing. I don't condone it, and its terrible, but Pink was also a young woman and was a victim herself in this shitty business. 

If she still stands by this stuff then I guess she hasn't changed, which would be unfortunate.

1 hour ago, All The Lovers said:

Her animosity with Xtina started with the Lady Marmalade parts that she did not get because Xtina probably overshadowed her with vocal theatrics that Sm!nk herself will not be able to reach. 

They've both pretty much acknowledged that it was the behavior of their teams/managers that ended up pitting them against each other and they fell for it. Pink's a great singer, she doesn't need to sing like Xtina. 

18 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

They've both pretty much acknowledged that it was the behavior of their teams/managers that ended up pitting them against each other and they fell for it. Pink's a great singer , she doesn't need to sing like Xtina. 

brit9 And maybe that's the reason why Linda Perry chose to let Xtina sing Beautiful even if P!nk who collaborated with her for PissUndastood also wanted the song.

On 7/15/2022 at 11:00 PM, All The Lovers said:

Her bitterness probably went full force because knows that she will never really be able to compete with her peers (aka Xtina's vocals and stage presence, Britney's performances and album sales, Jessica's clout for that tuna debacle and her business.)

She has competed with them though? 

Her voice is still there whereas as the ones you named either have lost theirs or never had one to begin with. She's been outtouring them for years. She's a better performer than Xtina has ever even thought about being (maybe not better than Primeny but she's certainly the best of the oens you named now). 

And as for Lady Marmalade...I mean good for Xtina but her vocal threatrics are just as annoying on LM as they are everywhere else she employed them back when she could still do them. Pink won in the end. She's the one still selling out venues all over the world, still has her voice, has a dedicated audience, and has kept her career alive. Xtina has none of that. 

On 7/15/2022 at 11:00 PM, All The Lovers said:

You're joking right?

Pink was selling millions whilst Bionic sold 300k. To say she was overshadowed by Xtina is laughable. Pink is an amazing singer / entertainer, hence why her tours gross hundreds of millions. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Mendes said:

She has competed with them though? 

Is this really a serious question?

If she did not try to compete with her contemporaries (especially Christina) then why is she so bitter and sexually objectified Xtina in her tours when Christina never said anything about her? 

9 minutes ago, All The Lovers said:

Is this really a serious question?

If she did not try to compete with her contemporaries (especially Christina) then why is she so bitter and sexually objectified Xtina in her tours when Christina never said anything about her? 

I never said she didn't try to compete. 

You said she couldn't compete. I said she did. Which she did....she did compete. And she won. 

5 minutes ago, All The Lovers said:

If you say so....brit12

If you disagree, then tell me how she didn't?

She's got two of the highest grossing concert tours of all time, is a stadium headliner, got hits for an entire decade longer than Xtina did, she still has her voice, has been critically more respected than Xtina ever was even when Xtina was outselling. How did she lose?

Also...in regards to the blow up doll on tour. Yeah, it was bitchy and shady, I'm not gonna pretend it wasn't. But let's not act like she Xtina wasn't openly provoking her peers either, especially Britney. 

8 hours ago, Mr. Mendes said:

If you disagree, then tell me how she didn't?

She's got two of the highest grossing concert tours of all time, is a stadium headliner, got hits for an entire decade longer than Xtina did, she still has her voice, has been critically more respected than Xtina ever was even when Xtina was outselling. How did she lose?

Also...in regards to the blow up doll on tour. Yeah, it was bitchy and shady, I'm not gonna pretend it wasn't. But let's not act like she Xtina wasn't openly provoking her peers either, especially Britney. 

XTina literally turned up to the recording sessions of Lady Marmalade with her lawyer or manager to ensure that she would get the part she wanted. 

That along with the fact that Linda Perry gave Christina, a person who she knew P!nk (who in turn helped Linda return to the spotlight) disliked, the song she claimed she wouldn’t give to P!nk is quite enough reason to be pissed. Also, Christina isn't the kind of girl you would expect to sing a song like Beautiful. I mean I get that people who match certain beauty standards also have self doubt but come on…P!nk would have actually been the person to convey this song with a tad more authenticity. It sounds like a straight up P!nk song.

Stripped as an album was heavily influenced by P!nk’s misunderstood. P!nk had every right to be pissed. However, I’m not saying that the way she went about it was cool. It was a bit over the top but P!nk and Christina have made up since and they appreciate each other.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If y'all wanna call P!nk out, you better start calling this out too:  

She has competed with them though?  Her voice is still there whereas as the ones you named either have lost theirs or never had one to begin with. She's been outtouring them for years. She's a be

I can't pretend this isn't kinda funny 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.