Very emotional trailer 

It looks like it will be a great movie 

On 7/24/2022 at 3:52 PM, Snow said:

OH ITS HAPPENING oprah10

On 7/24/2022 at 9:41 PM, TRENCH said:

the Bob Marley-/Kendrick mashup oprah15

On 7/24/2022 at 11:45 PM, Mr. Mendes said:

This looks stunning fuck oprah15

Have any of you seen it yet? I did so earlier today.

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

MKJNHBKNLJMK I WAS DISTRAUT. 

Okay. Spoilers. 

Spoiler

POSITIVES

• I know some people have an issue with it but I really think they justified not recasting T'Challa. To center the film around his loss and so deeply explore the grief and pain that's associated with loss like that was a bold move for the MCU but I think it absolutely paid off.
  • The cast was genuinely stunning. Like this may be the best acted film in the whole MCU. The anti-vaxxer fucking slayed like I hate to say but Miss Wright did her thing. And Angelea?? That scene in the throne room?? Danai Gurira's performance?? Tenoch?? Like they all were incredible and sold every word and beat of this film. 
  • The cinematography is great, just as in the first film. There's a liveliness to it that I've been missing in the MCU for a bit now and I'm so happy to see another beautiful effort. 
  • The score is INCREDIBLE. Like absolutely stunning in every possible way. 
  • Namor is a fantastic villain. His motives are fleshed out, his character is fleshed out, his actions make sense within the film, and he feels like a real, tangible threat. There is a sense of danger in his existence and it works beautifully in the film. 
  • The ending is superb, post-credits scene included. It landed the emotional weight this film was carrying on steady feet and has set this corner of the MCU up for a really bright future. 
  • M'Baku becoming king while Shuri is Black Panther is a great decision and I'm glad they're clearly indicating that Shuri is going to be a different sort of leader and Panther than her brother was (assuming she continues the mantle).
  • Her seeing Killmonger when she takes the synthetic herb was an amazing, amazing narrative choice. I'm a big fan of show don't tell and him being the one there, exposing all of the hidden anger she's been feeling this whole time, was a stroke of brilliance.
  • The CGI was great! Finally. 

NOT SO POSITIVES

• Ross was unnecessary in the film and his side plot could've been cut entirely, especially seeing as it goes nowhere within the film. If they're setting something up, it could've been done elsewhere. In the Ironheart show for fuck's sake, do it there. 
  • The Ironheart suits in the final battle are laughably, horrifically terrible. 
  • It is a bit too long for it's own good and there are some clear spots that they could've trimmed it down. It needed to be longer as we saw with Dr. Strange and Thor that too short leaves the movie rushing, but this was too long and it didn't need to be. Somewhere in the middle between this runtime and MoM's runtime would've been ideal.

Overall, I really loved it. Black Panther is my favorite MCU film to date, and this was a very worthy follow up imo. Not perfect, no, but it did something really fucking impossible in that it managed to be a perfect tribute while also pushing things forward. I'm very happy with it. In Coogler we trust. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

MKJNHBKNLJMK I WAS DISTRAUT. 

Okay. Spoilers. 

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yea, I remember the anti-vaxx video about extra limbs rip4 I'm kind of wondering if people will bring up the anti-vaxxness of it all about Evangeline Lilly closer to when Quantumania comes out - not to defend Letitia Wright's dumb retweet, but as far as I'm aware that's the only time she dipped her toe into the anti-vaxx pool and at least she apologized whereas Evangeline Lilly has doubled down on it more than once, even defending the fucking Canadian truckers that I loathe with every fiber of my person bebe1 Not that that'll impact my enjoyment of the movie, but she doesn't seem to have gotten a shred of the online criticism Letitia Wright has for it.

Wakanda really does feel like one of the most fleshed out, interesting locations in the MCU and I liked the mythic, ethereal vibe Talokan had a lot. I liked that they used the whales as mounts, but not actual warships or anything like that. I think Ross's storyline is probably a setup for both Secret Invasion, which he's in, and Thunderbolts for Fontaine's part in it. 

37 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

Yea, I remember the anti-vaxx video about extra limbs rip4 I'm kind of wondering if people will bring up the anti-vaxxness of it all about Evangeline Lilly closer to when Quantumania comes out - not to defend Letitia Wright's dumb retweet, but as far as I'm aware that's the only time she dipped her toe into the anti-vaxx pool and at least she apologized whereas Evangeline Lilly has doubled down on it more than once, even defending the fucking Canadian truckers that I loathe with every fiber of my person bebe1 Not that that'll impact my enjoyment of the movie, but she doesn't seem to have gotten a shred of the online criticism Letitia Wright has for it.

Wakanda really does feel like one of the most fleshed out, interesting locations in the MCU and I liked the mythic, ethereal vibe Talokan had a lot. I liked that they used the whales as mounts, but not actual warships or anything like that. I think Ross's storyline is probably a setup for both Secret Invasion, which he's in, and Thunderbolts for Fontaine's part in it. 

Spoiler

Yes I agree, Letita has gotten too much backlash for what was ultimately something she apologized for. 

And yes, you’re right it probably is all for Secret Invasion I didn’t think about that. It just felt out of place here.

What are your big takes on the movie?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:
  Hide contents

Yes I agree, Letita has gotten too much backlash for what was ultimately something she apologized for. 

And yes, you’re right it probably is all for Secret Invasion I didn’t think about that. It just felt out of place here.

What are your big takes on the movie?

Spoiler

Honestly I'm really impressed with how they portrayed Namor. To take a character who is basically known as the poor man's Aquaman (and ten years ago, that would REALLY make him a joke in comic books circles fall8) and even has something as absurd as wings on his ankles and make him work so well, demand that the audience take him seriously is amazing. Going back to when the MCU started, I can say pretty confidently that I'm probably the only person on this forum who even knew who Namor was at the time, and if you had told me in 2008 that Namor would ever be in a movie I would've laughed in your face, let alone that he be a complex, three-dimensional main antagonist.

On his wings, I thought was one of the most awesome, brutal and unexpected scenes of the film was when Shuri fucking rips off one of them, and shows it to Namor while he howls in pain fall8 

59 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:
  Hide contents

Honestly I'm really impressed with how they portrayed Namor. To take a character who is basically known as the poor man's Aquaman (and ten years ago, that would REALLY make him a joke in comic books circles fall8) and even has something as absurd as wings on his ankles and make him work so well, demand that the audience take him seriously is amazing. Going back to when the MCU started, I can say pretty confidently that I'm probably the only person on this forum who even knew who Namor was at the time, and if you had told me in 2008 that Namor would ever be in a movie I would've laughed in your face, let alone that he be a complex, three-dimensional main antagonist.

On his wings, I thought was one of the most awesome, brutal and unexpected scenes of the film was when Shuri fucking rips off one of them, and shows it to Namor while he howls in pain fall8 

Spoiler

Oh ABSOFUCKNGLUTELY! I could not believe that they actually went there and showed that. But goddamn I'm glad they did. Seeing the protagonist just angry and fighting dirty like that was so refreshing for the MCU. And it tied so beautifully into the story of processing grief and going through the stages of grief. 

I really just think Ryan Coolger should be doing all things at all times.