Snow

Multiple people injured after smuggled fireworks were set off towards the crowd @ Dua's concert

The fireworks caused some panic as people initially thought the loud bangs were gunshots.
3 people suffered minor injures in the incident.

It was a scary moment for some concertgoers at the Dua Lipa show in Toronto on Wednesday night when unplanned fireworks were set off in the middle of the large indoor crowd.

Several videos posted on social media show fireworks exploding away from the stage inside Scotiabank Arena — and now many people are left wondering how someone was able to get them through security.

One witness was walking by the venue during the show and tells CityNews he heard what sounded like gunshots coming from inside the arena. Shortly after, he saw a large hoard of concertgoers running through the arena doors to get outside.

“They were quite scared,” says the witness, whose first name is Scott. “When I came back two minutes later, the whole area was blocked off with police. Whatever firecrackers they used sounded quite a lot like gunfire.”

Police confirmed to CityNews they received a call around 11:40 p.m. in relation to the incident and they are now investigating.

“I was on the ground level close to the admin area when I saw the fireworks above my head,” a concert goer tells CityNews, who initially thought they were part of the production. “But I realized that I was in danger when my leg was struck.”

She was quickly rushed to a separate area by medical staff to receive first aid alongside others fans who suffered injuries. Police say three people suffered minor injuries and were seen by internal EMS medics that were working at the concert. None of them were required to be seen by an ambulance.

According to some posts from concert attendees, the security checkpoints weren’t thorough in reviewing bags upon entry. “Security unfortunately barely checked bags tonight,” wrote one person on Twitter. “Mine wasn’t checked and neither was my friends.”

x

yikes, that's so dangerous and whoever did that is dumb as fuck. Also shows that concerts needs better security, they will take away your water bottles and umbrellas but people can literally smuggle fireworks in?? I understand that the people checking bags and stuff are only human, but from my experience they barely take a quick look in your bag at all..