Snow

First listen thoughts on Renaissance?

so far, the first three songs all have the same lyrical content. they could all be one song tbh

edit - Cuff it is nice and break my soul sounded better upon my second listen but still not that amazing

edit2 - plastic off the sofa is surprisingly refreshing

edit3 - Thique is my fav off the album.

edit4 - the album could grow on me, if i had the desire to play it again jj3 

One of her best, most adventurous works ever!

Some artists wish they could release an album full of back to back experimental bops like this so effortlessly.

Side note: Am I the only one who heard some DIL Bey here? The way she uses her falsetto and runs are giving me 2003yoncé and I'm living for it. The vocal production is the best she's had in YEARS.

To be honest I didn’t even notice on the first three songs that the song had changed, it sounded like one long song dead1 There were some other songs later on in the album that stood out more though. I will definitely listen to it more, it’s hard to take it all in on the first listen but I’m pretty sure it will grow on me. 

2 hours ago, Kristina said:

To be honest I didn’t even notice on the first three songs that the song had changed, it sounded like one long song dead1 

I would say this is probably intentional. This is an album that is meant to be played in a club and like Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor, I'd imagine the idea was for at least a few songs to bleed into each other (perhaps not in a non-stop mix like Confessions but in that vein) to be played together in that setting. That's a big thing in the club dance music world, especially in the 90s.

I'm...blushing. This is the naughtiest, nastiest, purest, most honest, blackest and most free Beyoncé have ever come across through her music. This is probably her best album. It's so elaborate and all 16 tracks actually fulfill their jobs. I know that most of us here truly prefer 10 to 13 tracks at maximum for an album these days, but holy shit! The lyrical content, the thick grooves, the bombastic rhythms, the vocal experimentations, the boldness in her delivery of each songs...WOW!

This is fucking incredible. There are one or two songs I don't adore, but I absolutely love the rest. This is such a unique, adventurous, out there body of work and it's what I've been waiting for from her for so long. I didn't expect to love it this much, but she turned it the fuck out. I am stunned. She served! 

I need more time with it, i feel it will be kinda grower for me. its maybe not groundbreaking in music scope but definitely something new and fresh for B and it's really nice to see her doing something bit off her comfort zone, i also like the visuals a lot. Usually her albums are like half the tracks i like and half fillers I dont care for, but this time i feel like majority of album is gonna click with me and I might find 2 or 3 filler tracks max. Im looking forward to spending today with it.

100/100

Phenomenal album. The vocals, the sonfs, the production and everything is GOD-tier. The transitions are also amazing, especially the one between Cuff It and Energy 🤩

Also there are no bad tracks, it's AMAZING from start to finish! 

I have to say Alien Superstar is so damn good I had to stop my errands in the middle of a day, go to the nearest music store and pick up the album even though I already bought it digital before, because its worth it even for just that song alone (and my personal virgo anthem - Virgos Groove).

She did what she had to do. Honestly, no skips from me giveup1 I'm shook cause while my expectations were high she truly came for blood but made it sound completely carefree and laidback giveup1 

ngl I'm scared for my top3 albums cause miss Reneighsance might just sneak in jay1 

On 7/29/2022 at 7:01 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

I would say this is probably intentional. This is an album that is meant to be played in a club and like Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor, I'd imagine the idea was for at least a few songs to bleed into each other (perhaps not in a non-stop mix like Confessions but in that vein) to be played together in that setting. That's a big thing in the club dance music world, especially in the 90s.

Tbh this album is very similar to Confessions now that you’ve pointed it out ari7 we love it. 
I also don’t understand how y’all couldn’t tell the first three tracks apart tbh they’re not that similar 

9 hours ago, StrippedX said:

Tbh this album is very similar to Confessions now that you’ve pointed it out ari7 we love it. 
I also don’t understand how y’all couldn’t tell the first three tracks apart tbh they’re not that similar 

I fucking love Confessions. I love my favourites doing all dance albums with transitions.

Madonna did it with Confessions, Kylie did it with Disco, The Weeknd did it with After Hours and now Bey has done it too

It keeps getting better and better with each listen rip2 i havent played anything else since it dropped, its so elaborate and energetic, it may be my favorite BEYONCE album ever rip2 

the only songs i cant get into are plastic off the sofa and church girl, but they are still cute. Either way, like i said, its such a grower, so I wouldn't be surprised if I end up obsessed. cry1