Madonna

Clown Alert: Demi Lovato goes by “she/her” again.

1 hour ago, Kylie said:

You name people coming out as non binary? What the fuck is wrong with you? jj4  It’s not a “trend” - it’s a gender identity and that a lot of people come out these days is a sign that the world is changing. It’s not a trend, just more people daring to come forward and come out. All these statements you make reveal a lot about how you think about this and I’m so disgusted. 

It is most definitely a trend FOR HER when she literally only used it to promote her album cycle and now claims she’s a WOMAN AGAIN. She has clearly not understood what non-binary means.

3 minutes ago, Madonna said:

It is most definitely a trend FOR HER when she literally only used it to promote her album cycle and now claims she’s a WOMAN AGAIN. She has clearly not understood what non-binary means.

She/her pronouns doesn’t mean you are a woman, it’s your preferred pronouns, but says nothing about your gender

darling, their pronouns have been they/them/she/her for months now ari9 

they went by they/them for a while cos they felt more in between male and female at the time. now that they're in this new era, they're feeling more feminine, so they've re-adopted the she/her ari9 

leave people alone to figure out their identity, not everyone is born with the world figured out and everything is handed to them brit12

43 minutes ago, Madonna said:

they never said they werent a woman.

1 minute ago, Chris said:

darling, their pronouns have been they/them/she/her for months now ari9 

they went by they/them for a while cos they felt more in between male and female at the time. now that they're in this new era, they're feeling more feminine, so they've re-adopted the she/her ari9 

leave people alone to figure out their identity, not everyone is born with the world figured out and everything is handed to them brit12

Love you! ❤️ hug1 

2 minutes ago, Kylie said:

Love you! ❤️ hug1 

ive had my own spell of thinking about going by she/her and even the possibility of a full transition some point in the future, but ultimately i felt most comfortable with going by they/them. 

life is about finding who you are - its a constant reflective experience for everyone. every day is  learning experience - if you're open to learn

29 minutes ago, Chris said:

ive had my own spell of thinking about going by she/her and even the possibility of a full transition some point in the future, but ultimately i felt most comfortable with going by they/them. 

life is about finding who you are - its a constant reflective experience for everyone. every day is  learning experience - if you're open to learn

You're super strong for going with whatever comforts you the most. As you should! I'm proud of you. hug1 If you ever feel the need to talk about this, feel free to PM me. 

Even though I am struggling with my identity myself sometimes, I was kind of dazzled when I came across this news. I felt very inspired by her resilience as a person after going into rehab back in 2010, and she has written some very inspiring songs. I remember her Instagram pictures spreading body positivity and cellulite getting millions of likes, but it feels like she is contradicting herself ever since she left rehab again in 2019. I think OP is taking her decisiveness as a person and musician as a main discussion point rather than switching up pronouns. AKA, she comes across as pretty problematic and she is actually creating more conflict by projecting her inner struggles on the outside. And since she is a celebrity, people are watching her actions.

I do not think it would be necessary for her to be in rehab consistently, but she is clearly not in a healthy, balanced state of mind. Considering her popularity by being a Disney actress and moderately succesfull singing career (she never could fully 'break through', despite hits such as Heart Attack and Cool For The Summer), it is important to be conscious of what you are doing. This person does NOT, and she has done damage to such extent that she basically has no chance to get commercial success anymore. Her last album flopped and her new songs go unnoticed. It is kind of like a 'opposing force', when you get publicity for saying and doing ridiculous things, but those actions receive such backlash that people lose interest in the music she is still making.

Demi Lovato has turned herself into a clown people make fun of, which is sad considering their knowledge of her past, but also very understandable since she comes across as 'very certain of what she is saying'. I have to say that I haven't watched all of her recent interviews and stuff, but she seems to contradict herself and her values over and over again. She centered herself as one of the 'fully non-binary people', and seems to be switching again. She should have waited untill she was fully behind her decision what she truly identifies as given her platform, in my opinion.

I also agree with her constantly chasing trends in every way possible: pop-rock in the Disney days, R&B and EDM with her first albums post-Disney, and then the 'woke image' post-2015. She wants to be seen as authentic, but her actions say otherwise.

1 hour ago, August said:

Even though I am struggling with my identity myself sometimes, I was kind of dazzled when I came across this news. I felt very inspired by her resilience as a person after going into rehab back in 2010, and she has written some very inspiring songs. I remember her Instagram pictures spreading body positivity and cellulite getting millions of likes, but it feels like she is contradicting herself ever since she left rehab again in 2019. I think OP is taking her decisiveness as a person and musician as a main discussion point rather than switching up pronouns. AKA, she comes across as pretty problematic and she is actually creating more conflict by projecting her inner struggles on the outside. And since she is a celebrity, people are watching her actions.

I do not think it would be necessary for her to be in rehab consistently, but she is clearly not in a healthy, balanced state of mind. Considering her popularity by being a Disney actress and moderately succesfull singing career (she never could fully 'break through', despite hits such as Heart Attack and Cool For The Summer), it is important to be conscious of what you are doing. This person does NOT, and she has done damage to such extent that she basically has no chance to get commercial success anymore. Her last album flopped and her new songs go unnoticed. It is kind of like a 'opposing force', when you get publicity for saying and doing ridiculous things, but those actions receive such backlash that people lose interest in the music she is still making.

Demi Lovato has turned herself into a clown people make fun of, which is sad considering their knowledge of her past, but also very understandable since she comes across as 'very certain of what she is saying'. I have to say that I haven't watched all of her recent interviews and stuff, but she seems to contradict herself and her values over and over again. She centered herself as one of the 'fully non-binary people', and seems to be switching again. She should have waited untill she was fully behind her decision what she truly identifies as given her platform, in my opinion.

I also agree with her constantly chasing trends in every way possible: pop-rock in the Disney days, R&B and EDM with her first albums post-Disney, and then the 'woke image' post-2015. She wants to be seen as authentic, but her actions say otherwise.

Thank you.

People are free to go by as whatever but if Jessie J gets dragged to the pits for saying they are binand then somewhat backtracking, it’s quite honestly just fair to criticise Demi who is NOTORIOUS for identifying as whatever if it helps her sell her music. She is extremely problematic and the way she goes about this whole situation comes off as extremely uninformed and stupid.

This isn’t the first time she has pulled shit like this.

1 hour ago, Kristina said:

What an ignorant and insensitive thread.  The only clown here is you.

Says the person who defended the police officers who shot George Floyd along with Tekashi 69, a pedophile.💀💀

35 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Says the person who defended the police officers who shot George Floyd along with Tekashi 69, a pedophile.💀💀

You’re twisting my words as usual, why am I not surprised. It doesn’t take away from the fact that this thread was very ignorant and insensitive. 

1 hour ago, Madonna said:

Ad hominem (Latin for 'against the person'), or (Latin for 'to the person'); short for argumentum ad hominem (Latin for 'argument against the person'), or (Latin for 'argument to the person'), refers to several types of arguments, most but not all, of which are fallacious.

Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than addressing the substance of the argument itself. The most common form of ad hominem is "A makes a claim x, B asserts that A holds a property that is unwelcome, and hence B concludes that argument x is wrong".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

8 hours ago, Kristina said:

You’re twisting my words as usual, why am I not surprised. It doesn’t take away from the fact that this thread was very ignorant and insensitive. 

This thread wasn’t insensitive and ignorant when Demi has been acting extremely problematic and ill-informed about this whole issue.

I am not a big fan of the idea of creating a whole new set of categories for genders which do not correlate with the sex of a person. I think it invalidates trans-identities and is incredibly counter-productive towards the idea that gender is indeed fluid. The more boxes you create, the more stereotypes and the more narrow your view gets.

Gender does not need a category, imo. If you feel a certain way, if you want to dress or act a certain way, you should not feel like you need to give up your male or female label unless you genuinely feel like you were born in the wrong body. That is my personal stance on it. I study biology, so obviously I have a specific point of view about this, especially since people continue to confuse sex and gender. The former is a necessary information for medical purposes. There are diseases, (genetic) illnesses, etc. that do require this info for the proper treatment. Trying to eradicate something that is a biological fact and trying to identify via your social gender is very problematic in that regard. But like I said before: That is my personal take on it and I respect if someone decides to identify as whatever. I did respect her use of pronouns, although I forgot correcting myself a few times. 

Nevertheless, knowing it’s Demi, I knew this was just another gimmick of hers to try to gain a new audience and she has totally proven me right. Like I said before: Jessie J got dragged to hell and back for having a “bisexual phase” and then backtracking.
Why is it a problem to criticise the way Demi has gone about that? That is the only point I was making and I am basing this around her previous antics where she felt like she was making points and ended up doing the exact opposite. She is DESPERATE to speak up for social justice and ends up making a fool of herself cause her way of going about these things is mostly ingenious and ill-informed.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:45 AM, Madonna said:

This thread wasn’t insensitive and ignorant when Demi has been acting extremely problematic and ill-informed about this whole issue.

I am not a big fan of the idea of creating a whole new set of categories for genders which do not correlate with the sex of a person. I think it invalidates trans-identities and is incredibly counter-productive towards the idea that gender is indeed fluid. The more boxes you create, the more stereotypes and the more narrow your view gets.

Gender does not need a category, imo. If you feel a certain way, if you want to dress or act a certain way, you should not feel like you need to give up your male or female label unless you genuinely feel like you were born in the wrong body. That is my personal stance on it. I study biology, so obviously I have a specific point of view about this, especially since people continue to confuse sex and gender. The former is a necessary information for medical purposes. There are diseases, (genetic) illnesses, etc. that do require this info for the proper treatment. Trying to eradicate something that is a biological fact and trying to identify via your social gender is very problematic in that regard. But like I said before: That is my personal take on it and I respect if someone decides to identify as whatever. I did respect her use of pronouns, although I forgot correcting myself a few times. 

Nevertheless, knowing it’s Demi, I knew this was just another gimmick of hers to try to gain a new audience and she has totally proven me right. Like I said before: Jessie J got dragged to hell and back for having a “bisexual phase” and then backtracking.
Why is it a problem to criticise the way Demi has gone about that? That is the only point I was making and I am basing this around her previous antics where she felt like she was making points and ended up doing the exact opposite. She is DESPERATE to speak up for social justice and ends up making a fool of herself cause her way of going about these things is mostly ingenious and ill-informed.

Girl why are you as a cis man telling non-binaries what gender means???? 

14 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

this is also called: new album to promote and running out of ideas to attention whore kylie3

That's exactly what it is and it's not surprising cause Demi pulls this stunt for every single one of her albums.

2 minutes ago, Luca said:

Notice how its all the fossils of the forum that are bothered by this, clearly escaped the retirement home bey11

Oh, so we're taking the stan war route? How predictable and embarrassing of you.

Since you asked for it: I will say that I'm not at all surprised that a Halsey stan of all people acts like the typical, uniformed, brainwashed SJW from stan twitter. Halsey (along with Gaga) is the master of trying to appeal to the group of deranged teens who lack self-confidence and have an increased level of self-hate. They profit of these people while actually maintaining a hetero-normative and cis-lifestyle (which shows that it's all just a marketing strategy). Their audience are the kind of people who desperately try to compensate their lack of identity with an aggressive need of attention, individuality and anger towards anything that is somewhat established. Their music barely ever reflects that and is incredibly shallow and fake-deep.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt when it comes to self-identity and pronouns. Gender is fluid and the pronouns you're comfortable with can change, and that's okay. It's a different

Let’s see what the people that claimed she didn’t do this simply for promo/attention have to say now. 🎤  https://pagesix.com/2022/08/02/demi-lovato-changes-her-pronouns-back-to-she-her/amp/

Who are you to judge about someone else's gender though? She can go with every pronouns she likes, because that's the kind of freedom she has. You don't know if she is struggeling or not. It's hard if

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.