Wonder

Taylor Swift | Midnights | October 21, 2022

I LOVED it on first listen which is very rare for me. yas2  I feel like this is exactly the sound that I wanted and needed from her yas2

The lyrics are unexpectedly dark and some of them are actually a bit concerning brit1  

My faves from the standard edition are: Maroon, Anti-Hero, Snow on the beach, You're On Your Own Kid (!), Vigilante Shit, Labyrinth 

7 hours ago, Chris said:

where'd yall place the 3am tracks within the 13 track tracklist?

some of them felt a bit like filler to me on first listen (which is expected given that it's a B-side), like Bigger Than The Whole Sky and Paris. 

But I think High Infidelity, Glitch and Dear Reader are really excellent and could've easily been on the standard edition quality-wise.. 

maybe one of them should've replaced Bejeweled tina1  

2 hours ago, fab said:

some of them felt a bit like filler to me on first listen (which is expected given that it's a B-side), like Bigger Than The Whole Sky and Paris. 

But I think High Infidelity, Glitch and Dear Reader are really excellent and could've easily been on the standard edition quality-wise.. 

maybe one of them should've replaced Bejeweled tina1  

i personally think The Great War couldve been a single tbh tay2 

I wish there were more standouts. It's a good album, and on the other hand there are no skips, but there's not that many standouts either. When I listen the album, I like it and I think the songs are good, but afterwards I don't really remember most of the songs. Taylor's albums used to be very varied with different styles and productions, sometimes even too much, but now it's the opposite. 

I don't plan on listening to the album anytime soon.

I'll maybe wait till after the Big Brother game, or the final, depending on how long the game takes (I'm playing as "Midnight Rain" ari8)

If a song comes on the radio or if I happen to catch a snippet in an ad online, then fair enough. But as a body of work, I'm gonna wait a while.

I waited 2 months before I listened to Renaissance (AOTY oprah15)

On 10/21/2022 at 12:18 AM, Mr. Mendes said:

This is a total stun tbh. 

People are gonna come for it for being "simple" but it's...really not? It's the perfect mix of what she learned from folkmore applied to a more carefree style. It's like what she wanted to do with Lover but was not equipped with the skillset to do at the time. 

The mixture of really personal and artistic lyrics along with some more campy and tongue in cheek lyrics (which she is FINALLY doing well after many albums of showing she just....did not understand how to do campy in a way that's not cringe) is a perfect balancing act. 

It's a well rounded album that combines the best elements of her past works and redresses them with the improved skills she has now. A stunning, stunning album truly. 

Anti-Hero, Vigilante ****, and Karma right now are my favorites. 

Mod Notice
Inappropriate language

3 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

Seek help. seek therapy. call an ambulance and go to hospital to treat your mental illness and HIV, loser. What an utterly miserable life you are living. Your mother is a poor filthy illiterate prostitute and your father is poor and illiterate too. This is a horrible album from a mediocre bitch who prioritize marketing to quality. Carly Rae Jepsen has the best album of the week.

Carly will keep selling out shows and earning her hefty royalties from Call Me Maybe. You will keep living a miserable life with your illiterate impoverished parents forever until the day you die. Suffer. Rot in hell. I hope you will cut your wrist again and lose a lot of blood gradually. You will always be miserable and live in excruciating pain. No hope for you. Keep suffering in misery, pain and abject poverty. Your mother is a filthy prostitute. Your father is poor. I hope someone will pour 10 liters of sulfuric acid on your face so you will be disfigured for the rest of your miserable life.

Ma’am this is a Wendy’s drive thru ari9

5 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

Seek help. seek therapy. call an ambulance and go to hospital to treat your mental illness and HIV, loser. What an utterly miserable life you are living. Your mother is a poor filthy illiterate prostitute and your father is poor and illiterate too. This is a horrible album from a mediocre bitch who prioritize marketing to quality. Carly Rae Jepsen has the best album of the week.

Carly will keep selling out shows and earning her hefty royalties from Call Me Maybe. You will keep living a miserable life with your illiterate impoverished parents forever until the day you die. Suffer. Rot in hell. I hope you will cut your wrist again and lose a lot of blood gradually. You will always be miserable and live in excruciating pain. No hope for you. Keep suffering in misery, pain and abject poverty. Your mother is a filthy prostitute. Your father is poor. I hope someone will pour 10 liters of sulfuric acid on your face so you will be disfigured for the rest of your miserable life.

Why did you send this in a PM too, I would've seen it here