Snow

J.K. Rowling's new book is about a creator persecuted online for transphobia

JK-Rowling-Secrets-of-Dumbledore-Premier

Although J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series was rooted in fantasy and make-believe, the author seems to be drawing inspiration from something a little more realistic for her latest book: her own life. 

Rowling’s new novel The Ink Black Heart  involves a storyline that appears to mirror Rowling’s public downfall after she continually made statements that have been widely condemned as transphobic.

In her new book, Rowling introduces readers to Edie Ledwell, a creator of a popular YouTube cartoon who sees internet trolls and her own fandom turn on her after the cartoon was criticized as being racist and ableist, as well as transphobic for a bit about a hermaphrodite worm.  

The creator is doxxed with photos of her home plastered on the internet, subjected to death and rape threats for having an opinion, and was ultimately found stabbed in a cemetery. The book takes a clear aim at “Social Justice Warriors” and suggests that Ledwell was a victim of a masterfully plotted, politically fueled hate campaign against her. 

But despite the clear similarities to her own life, Rowling claimed to Graham Norton that it’s all just a big coincidence. “I should make it really clear after some of the things that have happened the last year that this is not depicting [that],” she said.

“I had written the book before certain things happened to me online,” she continued. “I said to my husband, ‘I think everyone is going to see this as a response to what happened to me,’ but it genuinely wasn’t. The first draft of the book was finished at the point certain things happened.” 

x

I don’t claim to understand trans folks, or consider myself a very literate ally. I’m a CIS homosexual male, I’ve never questioned myself that way. 

That being said, I’m an ally out of principle. I understand TERFs claim to be not homophobic, and are merely protecting gay people and women. That goal only gives conservatives and anti-LGBT scum ammo to beat us all over the head and for that fact alone, TERFs can get fucked, including her.

If she had any more common sense, she’d grasp that a VAST majority of the people that made her rich are not TERFs and certainly not anti-lgbt. She’s gonna fuck around only be left with people that are convinced that she convinced an entire generation of kids of worship the devil, and they’ve wanted to burn her at the stake for years.