Kristina

FOTP Faves latest albums: Did they age like milk or wine?

The albums:

Ariana Grande - positions

Beyoncé - Renaissance (might be too soon idk)

Britney Spears - Glory

Christina Aguilera - Liberation (or Aguilera)

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Katy Perry - Smile

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Madonna - Madame X

Mariah Carey - Caution

Rihanna - ANTI

Taylor Swift - Evermore

Just now, Kristina said:

The albums:

Britney Spears - Glory

Christina Aguilera - Liberation

Katy Perry - Smile

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Madonna - Rebel Heart

Mariah Carey - Caution

Rihanna - ANTI

Taylor Swift - Evermore

Madonna’s latest album is Madame X. eve1 

Christina’s latest album is AGUILERA. lol3 

Just now, Madonna said:

Madonna’s latest album is Madame X. eve1 

Christina’s latest album is AGUILERA. lol3 

My bad on Madonna eve1 not counting some random Spanish album

Aged like wine: 

evermore, Future Nostalgia, Chromatica, Anti 

Aged like milk: 

positions 

the rest are either neutral or where rotten milk from the beginning (like Madame X) 

Wine:

Ariana Grande - positions

Katy Perry - Smile

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Mariah Carey - Caution

Rihanna - ANTI

Taylor Swift - Evermore

Milk:

Britney Spears - Glory

Madonna - Madame X

Wine:
Rihanna - ANTI
Taylor Swift - Evermore
Mariah Carey - Caution
Kylie Minogue - Disco
Britney Spears - Glory
Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Milk:
Katy Perry - Smile
Madonna - Madame X

Excluding Renaissance since it's way too soon. Haven't listened to Aguilera. Ask me again about FN/Disco in two years.

Quite a lot of these are veering more towards neutral though. But as far as the top "Wine" album goes, it's ANTI.

Added Kesha, Ellie and the other spotlight sections

Wine

• Taylor Swift - Evermore
  • Kylie Minogue - Disco
  • Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
  • Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

Wine with curdled Milk within

• Rihanna - ANTI
  • Kesha - High Road
  • Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Milk with Wine within

• Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Milk

• Britney Spears - Glory ( sob1 )
  • Katy Perry - Smile
  • Mariah Carey - Caution
  • Madonna - Madame X

curdled upon arrival

• Ariana Grande - positions
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated

moo4  (either idk her OR its too soon)

• Beyoncé - Renaissance
  • Christina Aguilera - Aguilera
  • Doja Cat - Planet Her
16 minutes ago, Chris said:

Added Kesha, Ellie and the other spotlight sections

Wine

• Kylie Minogue - Disco
  • Billie Eilish - Happier Than Ever
  • Ellie Goulding - Brightest Blue

Wine with curdled Milk within

• Rihanna - ANTI
  • Kesha - High Road

Milk with Wine within

• Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Milk

• Britney Spears - Glory ( sob1 )
  • Katy Perry - Smile
  • Mariah Carey - Caution
  • Madonna - Madame X

curdled upon arrival

• Ariana Grande - positions
  • Carly Rae Jepsen - Dedicated

moo4  (either idk her OR its too soon)

• Beyoncé - Renaissance
  • Christina Aguilera - Aguilera
  • Doja Cat - Planet Her

This is so extra and that’s coming from ME

3 minutes ago, Mr. Mendes said:

This is so extra and that’s coming from ME

i cant just throw everything into two rigid categories. few posts above mine said similar thoughts on how some albums were more neutral (mixed) than one category or another

Milk

• Britney Spears - Glory
  • Katy Perry - Smile

Wine

• Rihanna - ANTI
  • Mariah Carey - Caution (a masterclass on a legacy artist being current tbh)
  • Kylie Minogue - Disco
  • Ariana Grance - positions (y'all do too much with this one)

Neutral

• Lady Gaga - Chromatica (plays way too safe to truly age like wine, but the strong tracks are genuinely great)
  • Madonna - Madame X (the instrumentals have aged well and honestly are pretty forward thinking for the most part, the vocals have NOT aged well)

Too Soon

• Beyoncé - Renaissance (we're hardly a month out, but it's absolutely gonna age like wine)
  • Christina Aguilera - AGUILERA (similarly young and we don't even have the whole project out technically)

WINE
Kylie Minogue - Disco
Rihanna - ANTI
Taylor Swift - Evermore
Mariah Carey - Caution

IN THE MIDDLE
Lady Gaga - Chromatica
Madonna - Madame X

MILK
Christina Aguilera - Liberation (haven't heard AGUILERA)
Britney Spears - Glory
Katy Perry - Smile

Too soon on Renaissance

Positions - Milk. Truly has rotten by now, and that's because the songs are too short + it's structured rather like a mixtape than an album.

Glory - Kinda milk but also wine? I don't know about this on- wait, Clumsy is in it? Yeah, milk.

Future Nostalgia - Wine but not the best one.

Smile - MILK.

Disco - This hurts, but milk. Say Something and I Love It are fine wine, though.

Chromatica - Milk, rotten and adorned with glitter on top. But still, milk.

Madame X - Wine. Honestly. @Madonna can choke.

Caution - Very fine wine.

ANTI - Wine left in the sun. That's what she deserves for not releasing another album in 84 years.

Evermore - Wine, sort of, but also diluted with water? Idk.

Renaissance is fresh, it's new, it's alien and it's superstar. People with rotten taste buds may not be able to taste the excellent flavor and that's not okay. Go to the light and seek medical attention to the nearest hospital, please. AGUILERA is not an album, it's two EPs forcefully merged into one because ain't nobody got time for Ms. Exe-Tinct anymore. Sad, but true. HA! eve1

MILK:

positions - The album wasn’t particularly strong from the beginning and got boring very quickly. No discography standouts here and overall just pretty bland. 

Chromatica - already sour on arrival and the stench just kept getting worse. The album had mad potential but Gags decided to water it down to appeal to pride gays.

Smile - Out of all the albums on the list, this is by far the worst album. This is Lotus' and Britney Jean's little sister.

Madame X - This album is not dated actually but it’s plain horrible. From the tone deaf and poorly written lyrics, bad karaoke cover versions, lyrics directly lifted from TV shows to the utterly dreadful vocal production. The “concept” was a poor and pretentious attempt at weaving unrelated songs together into a story that just makes no sense.

I haven’t thoroughly listened to Disco and Caution but neither of these two ladies have a single album that has aged well, so that’s that on that.

WINE:

Future Nostalgia - Honestly, wine. It’s a tight and not overloaded album with songs that do not blend too much into one another but still produce a cohesive body of work. Every song on the album has a bit of standout quality and they can still be played at parties without sounding dated.

ANTi - This album actually isn’t too great, especially if the pre-release singles are left off. It’s just Rihanna’s most timeless body of work because it wasn’t hoping on a certain trend at that time. It has an aura of effortlessness to it. Therefore, it has aged pretty well but there are a bunch of songs that are half-baked, too short or painful to the ears.

Glory - This album was the most ambitious thing Britney released since Blackout and there are a lot of songs that still sound pretty fresh. This album felt a bit like she actually had some spark inside of her again after a long time… There are true gems on here and with a bit if tracklist re-arrangement, this album can be very much enjoyable to this date.

Renaissance - It’s probably too new to judge but this album really wasn’t trying to chase any trends. It sounds extremely fresh whilst incorporating retro elements, throwback samples and it’s unashamedly GAY and BLACK. There is an extremely strong message behind this album that goes far deeper than the surface. Compare this to Chromatica, an album that was seemingly made for gays from a production standpoint. Once you strip the songs from its production, it becomes evident that nothing of yhat gayness actually goes beyond the surface and it’s just a few bland songs in rainbow coating.

I boycott Taylor Swift and throughly despise her. For that reason, I can’t say much about everbore. I do know, however, that it was produced by folk producers. That genre tends to age pretty well but is overall just pretentious and boring…

I haven’t listened to all of AGUILERA yet but it is seemingly more enjoyable than Liberation which wasn’t horrible but also not good enough after such a long absence. It is too short, to lowkey and bland and felt more like an experimental mixtape. I would locate it somewhere between the middle.

Wine

Britney Spears - Glory

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Mariah Carey - Caution

Rihanna - ANTI

Milk

Taylor Swift - Evermore

Katy Perry - Smile

this shit was spoiled since the beginning

Madonna - Madame X

Too soon to tell

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Positions - Milk. Truly has rotten by now, and that's because the songs are too short + it's structured rather like a mixtape than an album. Glory - Kinda milk but also wine? I don't know about t

Milk Britney Spears - Glory Katy Perry - Smile Wine Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Rihanna - ANTI Taylor Swift - Evermore Mariah Carey - Caution (a mast

WINE Kylie Minogue - Disco Rihanna - ANTI Taylor Swift - Evermore Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Mariah Carey - Caution IN THE MIDDLE Lady Gaga - Chromatica Madonna - Madame X MIL

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.