Kristina

FOTP Faves latest albums: Did they age like milk or wine?

On 8/31/2022 at 6:17 PM, Madonna said:

MILK:

I haven’t thoroughly listened to Disco and Caution but neither of these two ladies have a single album that has aged well, so that’s that on that.

lol3

The way you attempted to deny the greatness of 1994 - 2007 Kylie and 1990 - 2018 MC. Nice try!

On 9/3/2022 at 10:26 AM, Mother said:

lol3

The way you attempted to deny the greatness of 1994 - 2007 Kylie and 1990 - 2018 MC. Nice try!

Greatness?

Kylie’s and Mariah’s albums are so full of abysmal filler tracks that go absolutely nowhere. They lack excellent deep cuts. 

On 9/3/2022 at 7:59 PM, Chris said:

why hay1 

On 9/4/2022 at 3:14 AM, All The Lovers said:

Yeah, why (2) kylie3

Nasty and seemingly fake personality, right down to the assembly of a “squad” who act as her bodyguards on social media and engage in online and public bullying.

Massive victim complex, even when she's quite obviously the aggressor in a feud.

Bland music that is utterly overrated.

Failure to distance herself from alt-right and Nazi supporting her music (and instead tried to sue bloggers who called her out on it). 

She’s also a calculated and cold-hearted business woman first and foremost. She’s VERY focused on profit-making and chasing awards like there is no tomorrow. She’s essentially like Nicki Minaj but has a much better way of keeping that aggression locked away.

2 hours ago, Madonna said:

Nasty and seemingly fake personality, right down to the assembly of a “squad” who act as her bodyguards on social media and engage in online and public bullying.

Massive victim complex, even when she's quite obviously the aggressor in a feud.

Bland music that is utterly overrated.

Failure to distance herself from alt-right and Nazi supporting her music (and instead tried to sue bloggers who called her out on it). 

She’s also a calculated and cold-hearted business woman first and foremost. She’s VERY focused on profit-making and chasing awards like there is no tomorrow. She’s essentially like Nicki Minaj but has a much better way of keeping that aggression locked away.

On 9/7/2022 at 4:24 PM, Madonna said:

Greatness?

Kylie’s and Mariah’s albums are so full of abysmal filler tracks that go absolutely nowhere. They lack excellent deep cuts. 

That's what happens if you only listen to Exorcise Yourself and Musty Box.

33 minutes ago, Mother said:

That's what happens if you only listen to Exorcise Yourself and Musty Box.

I’ve listened to their entire discographies. There is not a single album of theirs that can serve up more than 4 good songs. Especially not among the non-singles. There are some gems here and there but they are not strong album artists. Single artists, I would say. They are very good at picking out strong singles. With Kylie it often times feels as if she had 4 singles and filled up the album with soulless and irrelevant songs to have an album.

Ariana Grande - positions -> a waste of time for the most part, barely go back to it

Beyoncé - Renaissance (might be too soon idk) -> great album that will stand the test of time.

Britney Spears - Glory -> one of her finest!

Christina Aguilera -> Liberation (or Aguilera) - Liberation was a return to form, Aguilera ranges from mediocre to boring.

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia -> yep, solid.

Katy Perry - Smile -> shit.

Kylie Minogue - Disco -> i liked the singles.

Lady Gaga - Chromatica -> point and laff.

Madonna - Madame X -> no.

Mariah Carey - Caution -> it was ok?

Rihanna - ANTI -> great album to retire with, she went out on a high.

Taylor Swift - Evermore -> the first half incredible, the second half... no.

17 hours ago, Madonna said:

I’ve listened to their entire discographies. There is not a single album of theirs that can serve up more than 4 good songs. Especially not among the non-singles. There are some gems here and there but they are not strong album artists. Single artists, I would say. They are very good at picking out strong singles. With Kylie it often times feels as if she had 4 singles and filled up the album with soulless and irrelevant songs to have an album.

I respectfully disagree with your take on Kylie's other tracks being soulless.

She tried to be personal and filled with soul with Impossible Princess but GP burned her at the stake for it.  No one can blame her for returning to her disco-pop roots. 

After her battle with cancer, maybe she just wanted music her way of escaping what had happened. Like she just wants, us, her fans to listen to her albums as a form of escape, to put our worries behind and just join her on the dancefloor.

On 8/30/2022 at 11:37 PM, Kristina said:

The albums:

Ariana Grande - positions

Beyoncé - Renaissance (might be too soon idk)

Britney Spears - Glory

Christina Aguilera - Liberation (or Aguilera)

Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia

Katy Perry - Smile

Kylie Minogue - Disco

Lady Gaga - Chromatica

Madonna - Madame X

Mariah Carey - Caution

Rihanna - ANTI

Taylor Swift - Evermore

Milk: Smile (obviously lol), Liberation, Evermore (lmao) 

In between: Glory, Madame X

Wine: Chromatica, ANTi, Renaissance, FN, Disco, Planet Her, Caution, positions (ya, i said it!), 

On 9/9/2022 at 3:55 PM, Madonna said:

And Like a Virgin, True Blue, Bedtime Stories, Hard Candy and MDNA are wall to wall bangers, no fillers efforts? Let me laugh in Butterfly and Impossible Princess.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Positions - Milk. Truly has rotten by now, and that's because the songs are too short + it's structured rather like a mixtape than an album. Glory - Kinda milk but also wine? I don't know about t

Milk Britney Spears - Glory Katy Perry - Smile Wine Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Rihanna - ANTI Taylor Swift - Evermore Mariah Carey - Caution (a mast

WINE Kylie Minogue - Disco Rihanna - ANTI Taylor Swift - Evermore Dua Lipa - Future Nostalgia Mariah Carey - Caution IN THE MIDDLE Lady Gaga - Chromatica Madonna - Madame X MIL

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.