jrdn

Queen Elizabeth II passes away aged 96.

Putting aside all the good and bad things she's getting blamed for, it's kinda sad witnessing this. She's probably the most famous person of the last 5-6 decades, she always seemed loyal in what she does. The global reaction to her death will be the biggest we ever saw. true1 

23 minutes ago, Chris said:

Oh, yes, karma got her — struck her down tragically at the young age of 96 years old for all her crimes and wrongdoings. 

Aside from certain perspectives on British colonialism, which I won’t dismiss as ground static because, well, most of them, if not all of them, are true and valid, people laying the blame for it on her are ridiculous and not worth the time spent dwelling on those comments. 

People blaming it on the British Monarchy itself are even a little much. 

People underplaying this moment, or underplaying her or her life either have the attention span of a flea — or are trying to be willfully obtuse and disrespectful because it’s cool. 

We have a belief here that when a loving couple is married and together for so long, once one of them dies it won't be long before the other one follows. She hasn't been the same since Prince Philip passed, and if you've seen the pictures of her at his funeral, you know.

She is one of the most enduring figures in modern history. RIP.

2 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

Oh, yes, karma got her — struck her down tragically at the young age of 96 years old for all her crimes and wrongdoings. 

Aside from certain perspectives on British colonialism, which I won’t dismiss as ground static because, well, most of them, if not all of them, are true and valid, people laying the blame for it on her are ridiculous and not worth the time spent dwelling on those comments. 

People blaming it on the British Monarchy itself are even a little much. 

People underplaying this moment, or underplaying her or her life either have the attention span of a flea — or are trying to be willfully obtuse and disrespectful because it’s cool. 

Let me keep it cute about this part cause Princess Diana was part of the colonizers many people hate, yet they glorify her nicki5

1 hour ago, Shego said:

Let me keep it cute about this part cause Princess Diana was part of the colonizers many people hate, yet they glorify her nicki5

That’s another thing, I’m seeing all this hatred directed to her because she evidently killed Diana. If anything killed Princess Diana, it was the cult of celebrity that the parents of these same people indulged in around her. 

Hating the institution is one thing — there is room for that, but the Queen never went out and enslaved anyone, she didn’t colonize Africa,  she didn’t impose English on native cultures — and anyone with any basic knowledge of the structure of the British Government since she became Queen would know that she neither oversaw Colonial Administration, or set the policy. To suggest she did is ludicrous and superficial, and ignorant. 

She certainly didn’t go out into that Paris tunnel and ran into Diana’s car. The paparazzi taking photos of her to sell to these same morons did. 

Having conversations is fine, but all these hot takes are really tiresome, some folks just want to be contrary because it’s en-vogue to stick it to the oppressor, which in this case is the oh-so tyrannical QEII lmao.