Shego

Will Harry Styles end up having the solo song with the most weeks at #1?

1 hour ago, Darth Sidious said:

I’m of the opinion that this particular achievement is now utterly meaningless in the age of streaming. 

And if it takes out OTR, more power to it.

I agree, spending a long time at #1 now isn't really as special as it was (pardon the pun) pre-streaming, at least back then for a song to spend a long time at #1 it meant people were going out and physically buying the single, whereas now with playlisting etc it's very easy for an act to stay at the top of the charts for a long time, of course you also have stans manipulating the charts by leaving songs playing overnight etc so that the streams add up. 

He probably will. His streams and radio are incredibly strong and they shows no signs of faltering. Unless Steve Lacy gets an abnormal boost in streams and/or radio play I don't see it happening.

1 hour ago, Billie Frank said:

I agree, spending a long time at #1 now isn't really as special as it was (pardon the pun) pre-streaming, at least back then for a song to spend a long time at #1 it meant people were going out and physically buying the single, whereas now with playlisting etc it's very easy for an act to stay at the top of the charts for a long time, of course you also have stans manipulating the charts by leaving songs playing overnight etc so that the streams add up. 

Same with #1 debuts. The charts have been fucked for a while but I knew it it had all gone to hell when you see all the #1 debuts in 2020 that didn't have much (if any) impact on the charts. That plus mass streaming and buying can have songs that no one knows outside of a specific fanbase or stan twitter charts for months.

20 minutes ago, Princess Aurora said:

I agree it was terrible but a country-rap song was something unique true1 I still think it was bad in my opinion. I'm glad he improved himself a lot after the coming out 

yup same, he improved a lot and his music became likable and so did he 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m of the opinion that this particular achievement is now utterly meaningless in the age of streaming.    And if it takes out OTR, more power to it.

looks like it   

I agree, spending a long time at #1 now isn't really as special as it was (pardon the pun) pre-streaming, at least back then for a song to spend a long time at #1 it meant people were going out and ph

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.