Snow

Youtube is now putting up to 10 unskippable ads in a single ad break

Do you know if they're also testing out putting many ad breaks in the video itself? I noticed on a few longer videos I was watching (over 30 minutes) an ad break would pop up every 5-7 minutes. I tried asking on reddit what this was about but I only got one bitchy comment about how it was the uploader's who set those rules – except I was seeing it across several different channels and none of them had included those types of ad breaks before. I highly doubted it was their choice and just all a coincidence. A friend of mine said they got several ad breaks in just a 10 minute video.

Ooh is that what that was? I only had that once happen for me so far ari7 

KaraCorvis said something on twitch last night about having to run an increased amount of ads on her Livestreams starting tomorrow (today) so maybe that's connected ari7 

YouTube is already a dying platform I feel, it will only result in even more creators going over to tiktok and Instagram. Unless you wanna pay for premium it will now be unbearable to watch a video. With every other subscribtion I already pay for, YouTube will not be a priority for me and I doubt it will be for many people rip4 

8 hours ago, Kristina said:

YouTube is already a dying platform I feel, it will only result in even more creators going over to tiktok and Instagram. Unless you wanna pay for premium it will now be unbearable to watch a video. With every other subscribtion I already pay for, YouTube will not be a priority for me and I doubt it will be for many people rip4 

I don't think it's "dying" per se. A lot of creators can't do the same things on tiktok or instagram as they do on youtube. The translation just isn't possible a lot of the time. But it's definitely going through some sort of change or metamorphosis. They've made changes in the past that seemed damning but ultimately creators didn't flock to other platforms.  It depends on how this whole ad thing goes and what else they decide to do. I ran into this ad problem but it's already stopped for me. 

1 hour ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

I don't think it's "dying" per se. A lot of creators can't do the same things on tiktok or instagram as they do on youtube. The translation just isn't possible a lot of the time. But it's definitely going through some sort of change or metamorphosis. They've made changes in the past that seemed damning but ultimately creators didn't flock to other platforms.  It depends on how this whole ad thing goes and what else they decide to do. I ran into this ad problem but it's already stopped for me. 

I know some youtubers have stopped doing it/are doing it way less because it’s a lot of effort for less money than they would get on other platforms shrug1 I think it’s slowly dying and this ad thing definitely won’t help.

On 9/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Do you know if they're also testing out putting many ad breaks in the video itself? I noticed on a few longer videos I was watching (over 30 minutes) an ad break would pop up every 5-7 minutes. I tried asking on reddit what this was about but I only got one bitchy comment about how it was the uploader's who set those rules – except I was seeing it across several different channels and none of them had included those types of ad breaks before. I highly doubted it was their choice and just all a coincidence. A friend of mine said they got several ad breaks in just a 10 minute video.

No, it happens with many videos.

23 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

I fear the day Youtube does the same thing Twitch does.

Twitch literally blindsided their streamers with that last paragraph or two in the post smh noway1 

Something about it costing 1k per video for a streamer who Livestreams 200 hours a month mad5