Snow

Dua's new album described as 'sonically ambitious' and 'liberated'

dua-1f0360b7-14cc-42f3-86ce-2fea3488f794

Roaming around a city by herself, accessing a sense of liberation through nature, through performance, through the privileges afforded to her as a pop star—it's clear that Lipa is able to set her own path.  

“Freedom, especially as a woman, means to be able to take things into your own hands, to have control over the things that you believe in. To really have a voice,” she says. “This is a really important time to speak up about things that are important to us. And that’s why it’s important for me, with my platform, to do that as much as I can.” 

Lipa is currently in the middle of crafting her next album: one that promises to be more sonically ambitious and free even than her last. “As I'm writing my new album, I feel even more liberated in a completely different way,” she says. “And even more in control than I thought.”

x

She has previously spoken about the album last May, where she mentioned similar themes of stepping into your own power and independence.

When asked about new material and how it might depart from her previous work, Dua Lipa revealed, “I’ve definitely grown up. Overall, whether it’s sonically or in terms of the themes, I’ve matured. It’s like I’m coming into my power and not afraid to talk about things. It’s about understanding what I want.”

The singer also spoke about the importance of independence, suggesting, “The next chapter of my life is about truly being good with being alone.” 

x