miss heidi montag

Do you think Disney genuinely wants to be inclusive or is politically driven to cast POC?

9 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, they are genuine.
    • It's both polictial and inclusivity.
    • No, it is only political.

Both. 

In some cases it strikes me as kind of… pander-ey, but on the other hand there is nothing that says that Ariel can’t be black, or asian, or whatever. And I love to see right wingers froth at the mouth over how unrealistic it is that the little mermaid is black, so whatever doubts I have over their sincerity are blown away by that icing on the cake, so it’s a win-win for me lmfao. Same goes not just these Disney remakes, but for everything else that these angry racist nerds are pissing themselves over. 

It’s fiction pal, if you’ve gotten a problem with a chick in a mermaid costume not being played a white actress, and a chick in a giant octopus costume being played by a white actress — that’s a you problem. 

I mean, they already have POC Disney princesses as mentioned. But changing out previously white Disney princesses with a black one I think is mostly politicial and because they feel pressured to be more "inclusive" which I feel is pretty stupid. Just make new movies with more POC characters/main characters, don’t change the classics. Not that it bothers me, it just makes no sense that Ariel doesn’t look like Ariel at all, my biggest issue is that her bright red hair is nowhere to be found

10 hours ago, Darth Sidious said:

It’s fiction pal, if you’ve gotten a problem with a chick in a mermaid costume not being played a white actress, and a chick in a giant octopus costume being played by a white actress — that’s a you problem.

my only problem with Ursula's casting is that i wanted disney to pick Ginger Minj for the role cry5 

9 hours ago, Kristina said:

my biggest issue is that her bright red hair is nowhere to be found

Set photos have indicated that we'll see her more traditional red hair whens she's on land. Her hair is still red in the water, but red hair when it's wet appears brown so it'll only be vivid I'd imagine when she's out of the water