Snow

Can Ava Max recover?

013dc49ece6bf3ae13f734f823714f00.1000x10

To say Ava Max's 'Diamonds & Dancefloors' era has been a mess would be an understatement.

But now her lead single, Maybe You're the Problem, and its follow up, Million Dollar Baby, have both completely flopped in all major markets. The album was originally set to be released on October 14, 2022, but it has since been delayed to January 27, 2023. The album itself leaked in early September, and the leaks reached new heights as copies of the album was accidentally shipped out prematurely, and now her label is asking for them back.

With the underperformance and disastrous rollout, rumors have began of the album and the era being completely scrapped, just like what happened to Charli XCX's XCX World in 2016.

Do you think Ava can recover from this?
Or is her career in shambles?

yes but more as a feature act on some DJ song, The Motto was huge and after all, if Bebe Rexha could i see no reason why Ava can't plus i also get the feeling Ava has built a nice network within the industry.

8 minutes ago, Madonna said:

"Hits left and right" eve1 

7 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

Was she though? brit1

Okay I guess it was two years ago or something, I honestly forgot how 2021 went moo1 The Motto was a decent hit though!

1 hour ago, Snow said:

Okay I guess it was two years ago or something, I honestly forgot how 2021 went moo1 The Motto was a decent hit though!

Even then she only has like one big hit. She's shitting out singles left and right and nothing truly sticks cause it's all the same fast food pop produced by Dr. Luke's minion. You can tell she has absolutely no artistic input, very little knowledge about pop music history (as seen by her questionable comments abut Elton John f.e.) and she also thinks she has Mariah Carey's range. dead2 This girl is an industry plant. One of many in Dr. Luke's long list of attempts at finding another Gaga phenomenon.

Just now, Madonna said:

Even then she only has like one big it. She's shitting out singles left and right and nothing truly sticks cause it's all the same fast food pop produced by Dr. Luke's minion. You can tell she has absolutely no artistic input, very little knowledge about pop music history (as seen by her questionable comments abut Elton John f.e.) and she also thinks she has Mariah Carey's range. dead2 This girl is an industry plant. One of many in Dr. Luke's long list of attempts at finding another Gaga phenomenon.

Honestly, when it comes to defining "hits" I'm more open-minded because there are plenty of songs with hundreds of millions of streams that charted low or never even charted at all (especially on the Hot 100). In the case of Ava, her official chart performance may not look impressive on paper, but to her credit, she's gotten a lot of streaming hits:

wLmuEtJ.png

And I really felt that because she basically harassed me through the late 2010's/early 2020's because of how obnoxiously inescapable her songs are, especially on the radio nicki5 in the traditional definitions of a hit though, her only 'real' hits are indeed only Sweet but Psycho and Kings & Queens (Top 15).

I agree with what you said though true1 

27 minutes ago, Snow said:

Honestly, when it comes to defining "hits" I'm more open-minded because there are plenty of songs with hundreds of millions of streams that charted low or never even charted at all (especially on the Hot 100). In the case of Ava, her official chart performance may not look impressive on paper, but to her credit, she's gotten a lot of streaming hits:

And I really felt that because she basically harassed me through the late 2010's/early 2020's because of how obnoxiously inescapable her songs are, especially on the radio nicki5 in the traditional definitions of a hit though, her only 'real' hits are indeed only Sweet but Psycho and Kings & Queens (Top 15).

I agree with what you said though true1 

Are you from Europe? In that case, she has a lot of radio deals here. That also somewhat explains why she is seemingly so popular yet such a flop. Her label knows that she has the most mainstream potential in Europe and that's why they have been trying to push her so much through radio payola but that simply didn't get people to buy or stream her enough.

She has too many forgettable singles that sound like a lessor version of the previous one and she just doesn't feel authentic at all, right down to her pound shop wigs.

Well, personally I’d want to flee that label after my contract is up for the colossal fuck up alone. If I were her, I’d ask around and send out feelers to another label to gage interest and ask for a release.

But no, she won’t recover until she gets a new label and an authentic personality of her own. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is she sick? Get well soon, hope the recovery will be quick!

"Hits left and right"  

yes but more as a feature act on some DJ song, The Motto was huge and after all, if Bebe Rexha could i see no reason why Ava can't plus i also get the feeling Ava has built a nice network within the i

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.