BiblicalSLut

Straight Taste and Non-fans

What songs did a non fan or a straight person liked of Madonna? Songs that they "dug" and didn't even know were from Madonna or they knew it was her but we're ashamed to admit? In my experience some were very surprising: 

1. Ghosttown- many like this song

2. Devil Pray- my boss who was an 80's fan of Madonna asked who sang this song and he was surprised it was her, he was BOPPING to it! Others just start humming along. 

3. Hollywood- This one many say is  strange but catchy. Plus, my crush who is now a cop in training said he secretly loves this song and is the best song of Madonna along with Papa don't Preach. 

4. Love Profusion- they ALWAYS ask who sings this, when I mention Madonna they can't believe it! 

5. Turn Up The Radio- they always have a smile on their face when this comes up and even chuckle a bit and ultimately bop along!

6. Superstar- this song is simple old-school pop perfection! They always start singing the ooh-la-la bits! 

7. Beat Goes On- this one's funny! They start to dance lol, no questions asked! 

8. Love Spent- the banjo and the chorus always catch them off guard and they bop along! 

9. Sorry- many are surprised this is Madonna! 

10. Never Let You Go- there's a Marco Sartori remix that I always play and of course, they bop along! 

Which songs did they like in your experience?

13 minutes ago, Chris said:

not the MDNO songs lol3 

Hey, the public just like simple catchy stuff most of the time, not pretentious  try hard songs like Give Me All Your Cum or  Bedtime Story. That's the truth. Last time I heard a song that goes like "Do Wa Dee Dee Dum- Dee Dee Dooh"! Not so different from "Superstar" with all the "ooh la la" bits. 

12 minutes ago, BiblicalSLut said:

Hey, the public just like simple catchy stuff most of the time, not pretentious  try hard songs like Give Me All Your Cum or  Bedtime Story. That's the truth. Last time I heard a song that goes like "Do Wa Dee Dee Dum- Dee Dee Dooh"! Not so different from "Superstar" with all the "ooh la la" bits. 

since when is Bedtime Story pretentious or try-hard??? mad5 

3 hours ago, Chris said:

since when is Bedtime Story pretentious or try-hard??? mad5 

Since always tbh. I think they mean the song and not the album. It feels extremely out of place on Bedtime Stories and the lyrics are pretentious. In fact, it’s probably Madonna’s first forcefully pretentious song. 

1 hour ago, Lynk said:

Since always tbh. I think they mean the song and not the album. It feels extremely out of place on Bedtime Stories and the lyrics are pretentious. In fact, it’s probably Madonna’s first forcefully pretentious song. 

the album is Bedtime Stories kesha6 

1 hour ago, SockBitch said:

I feel like her 80s songs are kinda cheating but I have yet to meet a person in my life who doesn’t love Holiday

Hide contents

Which is also why I think it’s her best song but that’s a conversation for another day bey1

hasnt many FOTPers said its one of her most overplayed songs? mad5 

7 hours ago, SockBitch said:

Are y’all straight non-fans suddenly because clearly that was the subject of the prompt mad5

No but you said 

16 hours ago, SockBitch said:

I have yet to meet a person in my life who doesn’t love Holiday

Which would, in your phrase, indeed include gay people and fans as well as the straight and non fans true1 

But now we know what you meant oprah14 

On 9/24/2022 at 8:30 AM, Joanna said:

My brother and a lot of his friends who mainly listen to black metal really love Frozen dead2 

There was this straight guy where I worked at who'd go CRAZY whenever I'd play La Isla Bonita, Vogue (omg he'd twerq on this onedead2), Hung Up, & Hollywood (VMA'S remix+ double TWERQ!!!!) bey1

tbh I was about to make my move (he had a phat ass) but he married with kidsbebe1