Snow

NFL seemingly hints Taylor as the next Super Bowl performer (Denied)

tswift.jpg

Gear up Swifties -- Taylor Swift could be this season's Super Bowl halftime show act. At least, that's what the musician's fans are thinking after the NFL appeared to drop a big clue into it all on Thursday night.

Here's the deal -- back in May, Pepsi pulled out of its longstanding partnership with the league and its Big Game's halftime show ... and on Thursday night, the NFL announced it's finally replaced the soft drink company with Apple Music as the new sponsor.

In its announcement, the league made no mention of a potential halftime performer for Super Bowl LVII ... but, according to Swift fans, it didn't need to -- because the timing of the release said it all.

The league curiously dropped the news at midnight -- something that's been associated with Swift for YEARS. Swift is also set to release a new album next month, titled "Midnights."

Taylor has never done an SB show before, with many believing she wouldn't take the gig due to being locked in a sponsorship deal with Pepsi's biggest competitor, Coca-Cola. With Apple Music now in, though, it seems Swift would be free and clear to belt out "Shake It Off" to millions during the Super Bowl's break on Feb. 12 without issue.

x

1 hour ago, fab said:

Variety (which is fairly reliable?) reports as well that Taylor will headline! As good as confirmed I would say oprah15 

People Magazine's sources said she won't though bebe1 who do we trust..

Honestly though I wouldn't be mad if she's not performing at the Super Bowl. It's usually a slot for artists who have declined commercially and/or in need of a boost. Taylor's still doing well, she's been very active and she's still commercially successful, so I'd actually prefer she save it for later on. 

Plus between the lawsuits and unreleased re-recordings, it's probably a very tricky situation for her nicki5 would be a mess if she did Super Bowl but can't perform Shake It Off. 

25 minutes ago, Snow said:

Honestly though I wouldn't be mad if she's not performing at the Super Bowl. It's usually a slot for artists who have declined commercially and/or in need of a boost. Taylor's still doing well, she's been very active and she's still commercially successful, so I'd actually prefer she save it for later on. 

Plus between the lawsuits and unreleased re-recordings, it's probably a very tricky situation for her nicki5 would be a mess if she did Super Bowl but can't perform Shake It Off. 

This 

i was just about to post the Variety tweet laughcry1 

2 hours ago, Snow said:

i hope she does it around the time she releases the final re-recordings cry0