Snow

Billy Eichner blames straight people for making his movie flop

onesheet.jpg

“Bros” is a gay romcom starring Billy Eichner & Luke Macfarlane. 
It opened with $4.8 million, half of the $8 million~$10 million range that Universal had projected.

Do you agree with Billy?

homophobia is unfortunately still a relevant problem in a majority of the world and United States. it's a good start for normalizing gay movies, but I could see why it's unsuccessful in the box office.

I've only seen the trailer, but at least with gay movies like Brokeback Mountain it has well known actors. I think that's another problem it just looks cheesy.

He's delusional. It didn't get a good turn out because most people didn't want to see it, regardless of their sexual orientation. Movie looks like garbage and not funny which is why even the gays didn't see it. He can't see past his ego. Which is probably inflated because he's not that famous and nobody likes him.

Other gay-centered films that are dramas or sincerely comedic do well. So... what's the issue here then?

On 10/4/2022 at 2:10 AM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

He's delusional. It didn't get a good turn out because most people didn't want to see it, regardless of their sexual orientation. Movie looks like garbage and not funny which is why even the gays didn't see it. He can't see past his ego. Which is probably inflated because he's not that famous and nobody likes him.

Other gay-centered films that are dramas or sincerely comedic do well. So... what's the issue here then?

a gay i watch on youtube went to the premiere and apparently really loved it dead1 

(timestamped link)

I really want to go see this movie actually and I think the amount of great reviews it's getting speaks for itself. The trailer is very promising and so is the plot. That said, it's very very nice and refreshing to see a romantic comedy about gays produced and written BY GAYS and with ACTUAL gay actors playing LGBTQ characters.

The truth is: Straights won't be thrilled to see a movie about a gay couple unless they are strong allies. They have way way more options to choose from, especially if they wanna see something they can relate to. We don't have that and that's why we should support a movie like this instead of trashing it.

rJKHbsL.png