SailorKrypton

Which single/tour/film was happening when you were born?

Which career move was M on when you were born? Or those who were already alive before Everybody was released, feel free to discuss your first thoughts on your first exposure to her music.

I was born August 21st, 1985. Dress You Up was the single that was released a month before my birth. M had just finished her Virgin Tour  two months before my birth. I remember my first exposure was maybe 1991 when I saw Cherish being performed on a television broadcast of Blond Ambition. At the time I recall I was more interested in the mer-men from the performance as I loved mermaids as a kid. It wasn't until the release of MUSIC as single that I started to become a fan, going down the rabbit hole at 15 years old trying to learn all her history and songs and performances.

I was born in November 1979. According to Wikipedia, in 1979 Madonna became romantically involved with musician Dan Gilroy. Shortly after meeting him, she successfully auditioned to perform in Paris with French disco artist Patrick Hernandez as his backup singer and dancer. During her three months with Hernandez's troupe, she also traveled to Tunisia before returning to New York in August 1979. Madonna moved into an abandoned synagogue where Gilroy lived and rehearsed in Corona, Queens. Together they formed her first band, the Breakfast Club, for which Madonna sang and played drums and guitar.