24 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

So they’re actually releasing all six episodes on the same day this time, will we do the watercooler thing @Simón. @Tomás @Darth Sidious @Kirjava @LittleDudeNT5 @max? bebe1 

Aren’t they supposed to be like 15 minutes a piece or some shit? I feel like Disney is just robbing me at this point. 

22 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Aren’t they supposed to be like 15 minutes a piece or some shit? I feel like Disney is just robbing me at this point. 

Yea, around there. I can’t say it bothers me honestly, what with it being the fourth Star Wars show of the year bebe1 They probably could’ve done the Ahsoka/Dooku plot lines as A/B anthology-esque stories but felt this was cleaner or something.

16 hours ago, Tomás said:

i really really really wish they would've been longer but quality over quantity ig! i loved them. still though i really think at least the last episode should've been longer 

13 hours ago, Simón. said:

the last Ashoka episode giveup2 the badassery

5 hours ago, Tomás said:

naur the way she ate that inquisitor up in 3 moves lmfao1 also the way he recognized her?? he knew he was dealing with the queen yup yup

I kinda wish they had not used the exact same situation that outs Cal as a Jedi in Fallen Order again here but other than that I thought it was really good! bebe1 I think canonically all of the Inquisitors either Padawans or even Jedi younglings (with the exception of the Grand Inquisitor) but this guy went down particularly quick bebe1 He had a cool design though.

The last Dooku one though… 

I know I said I thought Disney was robbing us, I was WRONG. 

Ian McDiarmid always brings something so much more polished whenever he voices Palpatine. It’s his own brand of camp and style that you just can’t replicate, and whenever other voice actors take the role, it just lacks that special something. 

Just finished it — I loved the last one too, I’ve never been particularly high on Ashoka, but I enjoyed it. 

13 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I kinda wish they had not used the exact same situation that outs Cal as a Jedi in Fallen Order again here but other than that I thought it was really good!

Eh. They’re not exactly the same thing, Cal is outed by an Imperial probe droid that’s watching him use the force to save his friend. The friend doesn’t turn him over. You can actually see the probe droid in the background in the cut scene on Bracca when he’s using the force. That is the canonical explanation, at least. 

(0:35-1:00) 

As far as similarities go, I can’t really fault them, naturally these situations with the Inquisitors and the Jedi are going to taste familiar. 

3 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Just finished it — I loved the last one too, I’ve never been particularly high on Ashoka, but I enjoyed it. 

Eh. They’re not exactly the same thing, Cal is outed by an Imperial probe droid that’s watching him use the force to save his friend. The friend doesn’t turn him over. You can actually see the probe droid in the background in the cut scene on Bracca when he’s using the force. That is the canonical explanation, at least. 

(0:35-1:00) 

As far as similarities go, I can’t really fault them, naturally these situations with the Inquisitors and the Jedi are going to taste familiar. 

I know, I’ve played it twice jodie4 I didn’t mean literally every detail was the same, more that it’s the same to the degree of “a Jedi in hiding working a manual labor job makes the choice to openly use the Force to save a co-worker during a work-related accident” which is still really specific bebe1 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I know, I’ve played it twice jodie4 I didn’t mean literally every detail was the same, more that it’s the same to the degree of “a Jedi in hiding working a manual labor job makes the choice to openly use the Force to save a co-worker during a work-related accident” which is still really specific bebe1 

When you put it that’s way, yes, I get what you’re saying. Now that I think about it, they kind of did something similar in Kenobi too, or teased it at least. 

I prefer to chalk it up to the literary device of Jedi being all too predictable, rather than a lack of creativity tay2

On 10/26/2022 at 11:35 PM, Dennis Reynolds said:

I kinda wish they had not used the exact same situation that outs Cal as a Jedi in Fallen Order again here but other than that I thought it was really good! bebe1 I think canonically all of the Inquisitors either Padawans or even Jedi younglings (with the exception of the Grand Inquisitor) but this guy went down particularly quick bebe1 He had a cool design though.

tbf Ahsoka's novel, where the same situation happens, came out before the game moo1 i just wish they had at least shown her harvesting the crystals and making her new sabers like in the novel

Just now, Tomás said:

tbf Ahsoka's novel, where the same situation happens, came out before the game moo1 i just wish they had at least shown her harvesting the crystals and making her new sabers like in the novel

Yea I read about that later actually, is the sixth episode supposed to literally adapt the events of that book or is it just similar? bebe1 I've only read a few comics in the current canon, one of which was the Kanan story that is also loosely adapted and mildly contradicted by the first episode of The Bad Batch bebe1 

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yea I read about that later actually, is the sixth episode supposed to literally adapt the events of that book or is it just similar? bebe1 I've only read a few comics in the current canon, one of which was the Kanan story that is also loosely adapted and mildly contradicted by the first episode of The Bad Batch bebe1 

it's loosely similar but it changes a LOT. tbh i prefer the novel's version of the events waayyy more and u should definitely check it out if u have the chance! there's also an audiobook read by ahsoka's voice actress that's really nice. (i listed some of the main changes below but if ur planning on reading the novel it'd probably be best to not read them kii)

Spoiler

she never goes to padmé's funeral in the novel and the way bail finds out about her is completely different. in the novel she goes back and forth between 3 planets and there's a lot of characters that were cut out. the inquisitor follows her and the people from the farm around for quite a bit and the confrontation happens after she helps the farmers escape from an imperial prison. all that and wayyy more they had to cut it, that's why i really wish it had been like a special longer episode cos it deserved to be tbh... or at least they could revisit that time in ahsoka's life later on

there's also some differences with how the whole ahsoka vs maul thing goes down but those were closer-ish to what we saw in TCW

9 minutes ago, Tomás said:

it's loosely similar but it changes a LOT. tbh i prefer the novel's version of the events waayyy more and u should definitely check it out if u have the chance! there's also an audiobook read by ahsoka's voice actress that's really nice. (i listed some of the main changes below but if ur planning on reading the novel it'd probably be best to not read them kii)

Reveal hidden contents

there's also some differences with how the whole ahsoka vs maul thing goes down but those were closer-ish to what we saw in TCW

It's possible jodie4 Like I said, so far it's only been comics that I've read in the Disney canon (Kanan, Shattered Empire, The Rise of Kylo Ren, the first five issues of The High Republic) but for novels, I would probably read that one and/or A New Dawn since I like the characters involved jodie4 Maybe Aftermath too for the Cobb Vanth vignettes. 

Hopefully we get a release date on the Ahsoka miniseries sometime soon bebe1