ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen | Surrender My Heart | December 14, 2022

FgaFCKTXoAE53TW?format=jpg&name=medium

Carly Rae Jepsen Partners with Lenovo to Light up Broadway for a Live, One Night Only Performance

LOS ANGELES (October 31, 2022) – Today, Lenovo announced their upcoming Broadway debut via a partnership with GRAMMY®-nominated singer and songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen. Lenovo, Intel, and Carly are partnering to produce a first-of-its-kind, Broadway-inspired music video for her single “Surrender My Heart” from her critically acclaimed fifth studio album The Loneliest Time, which dropped on October 21 (via 604/Schoolboy/Interscope). Collaborators on the new LP include Rufus Wainwright, Captain Cuts, John Hill, Kyle Shearer, Alex Hope, Tavish Crowe, Rostam Batmanglij and Bullion.

Performing in the heart of New York City at the iconic United Palace, Carly will showcase her love of Broadway by bringing theater goers on a journey through her newest music video – all performed on stage in front of a live audience. Leading up to the performance, Carly will work with an all-star creative team to bring her Broadway pop vision to life with signature vibrant colors and the addition of some exciting cameos, truly making this an unforgettable one night only experience for fans in attendance.

“It’s almost impossible for me to express how much passion I have for theater and I’m beyond excited that Lenovo and Intel are going on this journey with me to turn one of my new tracks into a live Broadway inspired music video,” says Carly Rae Jepsen. “Broadway was hit especially hard throughout the pandemic, and I love that I will have the opportunity to utilize my new music to bring attention to this inspiring community.”

A limited number of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut Fans, 21+ or older, will have the chance to win access to this exclusive live NY event! Additionally, specific props and costumes from the music video will be auctioned off at a later date to benefit charities close to Carly’s heart.

From stage lighting control to the ability to map out each second on stage, Lenovo laptops based on the Intel Evo platform will be on-hand to help Carly bring her creative vision to fruition. Leading up to the performance, Lenovo will be supplying technology products that provide the productivity, versatility, and world-class features needed to put on a show of this magnitude. These devices will enable all cast members and production crew to bring their unique skills to life, setting a new bar for live performances and ensuring that the event will be talked about for years to come. Lenovo and Carly will tease the rehearsal process and the frantic behind the scenes action expected from any live Broadway performance on social media throughout pre-production and the day of the actual show!

“At Lenovo, our continued mission is to enable and inspire people through the power of our technology,” said Gerald Youngblood, Chief Marketing Officer, Lenovo North America. “This program is an important example of how our technology can help realize a creative vision. We are thrilled to partner with Carly Rae Jepsen to help bring hers to life.”

Update: According to “Broadway World”, the event is on November 17th, 2022

Update: the official music video taped from the stage performance will debut on November 30th, 2022

Update: the official music video changed to December 14th, 2022

Behind The Scenes Video 

@ajp Technically, this is NOT a single. It is just an album track with a music video. So are all of her songs with music videos after Run away with me.

Her last single was Run Away With Me (released in July 2015). RAWM was sent to US radio but it wasn't put in any Spotify playlist due to lack of budget. As you said, she and her team decided to pull RAWM from radio and cease all promotion for the album, as well as her career as a MAINSTREAM artist because Carly herself knows that she has carved a niche for herself as a cult artist instead of a mainstream artist.

10 hours ago, Carly Rae Jepsen #1 said:

@ajp Technically, this is NOT a single. It is just an album track with a music video. So are all of her songs with music videos after Run away with me.

Her last single was Run Away With Me (released in July 2015). RAWM was sent to US radio but it wasn't put in any Spotify playlist due to lack of budget. As you said, she and her team decided to pull RAWM from radio and cease all promotion for the album, as well as her career as a MAINSTREAM artist because Carly herself knows that she has carved a niche for herself as a cult artist instead of a mainstream artist.

Yes, both Talking To Yourself and Surrender My Heart are just promo singles for this era (despite what Wikipedia says). SMH will be the last. Unless she puts on a full Europe Tour or full Asian Tour, her label may put out a regional promo single to sell tickets, but now that we are in 2023 and nothing has been announced past March - it looks unlikely. rav3

6 hours ago, ajp said:

promo singles

promo songs / album tracks 

6 hours ago, ajp said:

Wikipedia

lol anyone can edit that site

6 hours ago, ajp said:

now that we are in 2023 and nothing has been announced past March - it looks unlikely

there won't be anything released from this album. Side B will be out in October though.

The title track's music video is the most expensive one of this era. TTY is the cheapest, just her standing and dancing in front of a green screen.