Snow

Maluma storms out of interview after being grilled over Qatar

Maluma isn't exactly kicking off the World Cup on a high note ... a reporter put him on the spot over his decision to perform -- as other artists boycott -- so, he stormed out of the interview.

The "Hawái" singer sat down for an interview Friday, two days before the start of the FIFA World Cup, with Israel's state-owned Kan TV and it quickly got heated when the interviewer asked Maluma about his thoughts on Qatar's human rights violations.

As we reported, Dua Lipa and Shakira both turned down gigs at the World Cup, citing the country's human rights record.

Maluma was asked if he had a problem with Qatar's reputation. He dodged the first question with skill, saying he's performing because he enjoys life, music and soccer -- but when pressed for more than that, Maluma stood up, asked someone off camera if he needed to answer at all, then simply stormed off and called the reporter "rude."

x

Maluma teamed up with Nicki Minaj and Lebanese singer Myriam Fares for the official FIFA Fan Festival anthem, "Tukoh Taka".

Other artists set to perform during the competition include Sean Paul, J Balvin and Black Eyed Peas among others.

Shakira, Dua Lipa and Rod Stewart were all reportedly invited to perform, but turned down the offer.

How to be a basic problematic celebrity who get asked critical questions:
Just storm out and say "You are rude"

What a fucking loser, you did something problematic, well, at least have the balls to defend your choice

The interviewer was annoying and asked that question on purpose + he didn't let Maluma finish in 0:26 ari9 Ofc i don't support the things that world cup ambassador or idk said, but nothing will change by cancelling performances cuz of the views of a homophobic man, they will just be more careful the next time and keep their mouth shut. Maluma performing there has nothing to do with a nasty comment.

I would've preferred to see Dua Lipa performing there and talk about the comment quickly during her performance, or just throw a small shade, in front of the million of straight men, than just leave to not hurt her image ari9

1 hour ago, Shego said:

The interviewer was annoying and asked that question on purpose + he didn't let Maluma finish in 0:26 ari9 

well I mean he's performing in Qatar, probably receiving a lot of $$$ from Qatar, what did he expect .. "I'm jUsT heRe tO eNjoY lIfE, enJoY soCCer" lol3  like pls he comes across so ignorant lol3 

All of the performers are dumb. Performing in Qatar will NOT be a good thing for their careers. I guess most of them dont really have anything to lose like irrelevants like BEP and Sean Paul, but Maluma is straight up dumb for doing it and then acting childish when he’s being asked questions about it

11 hours ago, Shego said:

The interviewer was annoying and asked that question on purpose + he didn't let Maluma finish in 0:26 ari9 Ofc i don't support the things that world cup ambassador or idk said, but nothing will change by cancelling performances cuz of the views of a homophobic man, they will just be more careful the next time and keep their mouth shut. Maluma performing there has nothing to do with a nasty comment.

I would've preferred to see Dua Lipa performing there and talk about the comment quickly during her performance, or just throw a small shade, in front of the million of straight men, than just leave to not hurt her image ari9

You can’t be serious jj4 

Entirety of society has to work on political and society issues, being an artist gives you the privilege of influencing your fans. If you as an artist, do not partake into these issues, you are ignorant and deserve to get clocked like this. Some of the excuses I read in here makes you a part of the problem too. "He's hispanic, and straight and doesn't know better" like do you see the problem? Being ignorant about it doesn't equal the fact that you shouldn't get informed about it. He's awful for this and shouldn't play the victim. He could have even said he didn't know about the issues and do better next time, but given his past, he seems nothing but narcisistic. 

20 hours ago, fab said:

well I mean he's performing in Qatar, probably receiving a lot of $$$ from Qatar, what did he expect .. "I'm jUsT heRe tO eNjoY lIfE, enJoY soCCer" lol3  like pls he comes across so ignorant lol3 

If singers had to stop performing in every country or organization something homophobic was said by a famous person, they would've been performing in their backyards only lol3

23 minutes ago, Shego said:

If singers had to stop performing in every country or organization something homophobic was said by a famous person, they would've been performing in their backyards only lol3

it's not performing in a country "where someone said something homophobic" that's problematic, it's performing on the payroll of an oil emirate where homosexuality is punishable by death and human rights in general are nonexistent, migrant workers were abused and died by the thousands in order for this megalomanic fake world cup to be held lol3 

Maluma and the rest of the performing artists really should be ready for these types of questions, whether or not to make up a good enough excuse, it's up to them to decide. Either way, im disappointed in Maluma. Maybe he's so deluded that he can't see past his millions of screaming girls to understand he does have fans in the LGBTQ+ community. Unfortunately, it all boils down to greed.

Nicki ONCE AGAIN showing what a vile POS she is will be a kid but I'm disappointed by Maluma. I didn't expect him to sign up for this and react like this once someone points out to him how problematic his decision to perform was.

On 11/20/2022 at 7:52 PM, fab said:

it's not performing in a country "where someone said something homophobic" that's problematic, it's performing on the payroll of an oil emirate where homosexuality is punishable by death and human rights in general are nonexistent, migrant workers were abused and died by the thousands in order for this megalomanic fake world cup to be held lol3 

This rip4 Qatar is a nation that doesn’t value LGBTQ+ rights, or any human civil rights in general, so performing there gives off a statement that they support it. Not surprising from Nicki since….well, she’s Nicki, but Maluma? That shocked me.

2 hours ago, Kylie said:

This rip4 Qatar is a nation that doesn’t value LGBTQ+ rights, or any human civil rights in general, so performing there gives off a statement that they support it. Not surprising from Nicki since….well, she’s Nicki, but Maluma? That shocked me.

ikr, the fact that he reacted this way to a totally expected question lol3 attacking the reporter and storming off, very Trump like lol3 he's trash sorry lol3 

8 hours ago, Kylie said:

Still bop to Maluma in Zumba class queen

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All of the performers are dumb. Performing in Qatar will NOT be a good thing for their careers. I guess most of them dont really have anything to lose like irrelevants like BEP and Sean Paul, but Malu

Tbh I'm looking forward to nicki performing, getting questioned, and then having an absolute car crash of a PR scandal

Entirety of society has to work on political and society issues, being an artist gives you the privilege of influencing your fans. If you as an artist, do not partake into these issues, you are ignora

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.