Snow

Kelly Rowland defends Chris Brown after crowd boos his win at the AMAs

Chris Brown was previously scheduled to do a Michael Jackson at the AMAs before the show canceled it.

As the American Music Awards prepare to go live tonight on ABC, viewers will notice the performance lineup has one fewer artist than anticipated. According to The New York Post, the AMAs have made the last minute decision to cancel Chris Brown’s Michael Jackson tribute, and neither Brown nor his most loyal supporters are happy about it. Brown took to Instagram Saturday morning to express his discontent.

“U SERIOUS?” The “No Guidance” singer captioned a seven minute reel of his AMA performance rehearsal. “WOULDVE been the ama performance but they canceled me for reasons unknown,” Brown continued in the comments.

This month marks the 40th anniversary of the “Thriller” album, and with thousands of fans in agreement that Chris Brown is the best pick for a Michael Jackson tribute, many are stunned to learn of the cancellation, and are equally puzzled by the decision to pull the performance the day before the AMAs are set to air.

“THIS LITERALLY WOULD’VE BEEN THE PERFORMANCE OF THE YEAR,” one fan wrote in the comments.

x

23 hours ago, fab said:

it's not performing in a country "where someone said something homophobic" that's problematic, it's performing on the payroll of an oil emirate where homosexuality is punishable by death and human rights in general are nonexistent, migrant workers were abused and died by the thousands in order for this megalomanic fake world cup to be held lol3 

This rip4 Qatar is a nation that doesn’t value LGBTQ+ rights, or any human civil rights in general, so performing there gives off a statement that they support it. Not surprising from Nicki since….well, she’s Nicki, but Maluma? That shocked me.

39 minutes ago, Kylie said:

This rip4 Qatar is a nation that doesn’t value LGBTQ+ rights, or any human civil rights in general, so performing there gives off a statement that they support it. Not surprising from Nicki since….well, she’s Nicki, but Maluma? That shocked me.

Wrong thread but I agree

I really don’t understand the hate he comtinues to get while other "canceled" artists are never truly canceled. It’s so weird, because he gets so much hate, but he’s still quite successful somehow. But for how long is it actually accetable to tear someone down when they’ve taken accountabilty unlike other problematic celebrities..

52 minutes ago, Kristina said:

I really don’t understand the hate he comtinues to get while other "canceled" artists are never truly canceled. It’s so weird, because he gets so much hate, but he’s still quite successful somehow. But for how long is it actually accetable to tear someone down when they’ve taken accountabilty unlike other problematic celebrities..

Never seen him take accountability in a credible or honest way. Just PR written glossy apologies. 

4 hours ago, Kristina said:

He admitted he did it, but I don't know if that is really accountability. Accountability to me is not just an admission of guilt, but putting forth a concentrated effort to better yourself. He has had further incidents after Rihanna. But even if he hadn't...his career should've been over. He didn't just hit her (which would've been no better mind you), he beat her savagely. He should've gone to prison. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not even gonna say anything  too easy.

We cannot allow this vile maniac to make a comeback. I've been hearing his name pop up a lot lately and I feel like that's what's happening unfortunately.

''Chris Brown is the best pick for a Michael Jackson tribute''  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.