Kristina

Voting changes announced for Eurovision 2023

Major changes to how the voting in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 will work have been announced by organizers, the European Broadcasting Union (EBU).

• Only viewer votes will decide countries qualifying from Semi-Finals

• Viewers in non-participating countries will be able to vote online 

• Jury votes will, as before, be combined with viewer votes to decide final result

The countries that qualify from the two Semi-Finals, 10 from each, will now be decided solely based on the votes cast by viewers of the competition, rather than a combination of a jury and public vote as has been the case since 2009. 

And, for the first time ever, those watching in countries not taking part in the competition will also be able to vote for their favourite songs online. 
Their votes will be added together and converted to points that will have the same weight as one participating country in both of the Semi-Finals and the Grand Final.

Professional juries, made up of those working in the music industry, will continue to contribute to the result of the Grand Final along with viewers in each country taking part and those voting internationally. 

x

I think being able to vote worldwide is so dumb nicki5 Eurovision should be a European thing and not something people in the US or Brazil or where the fuck ever should be involved in when they don’t even understand the concept. I guess most people outside of the already participating countries won’t give a fuck though, but still.

19 hours ago, Kristina said:

I think being able to vote worldwide is so dumb nicki5 Eurovision should be a European thing and not something people in the US or Brazil or where the fuck ever should be involved in when they don’t even understand the concept. I guess most people outside of the already participating countries won’t give a fuck though, but still.

Well, I guess it's mostly for the fans outside Europe such as Australia and Israel and some many other countries rather than geography. I understand the sentiment though

1 minute ago, Princess Aurora said:

Well, I guess it's mostly for the fans outside Europe such as Australia and Israel and some many other countries rather than geography. I understand the sentiment though

Couldnt they already vote considering they’re already participating?

Just now, Princess Aurora said:

I have no idea though. Maybe? Overall that is the reason why they made it in the first place 

I mean it makes no sense if they couldnt when they have their own entries in the contest rip4