plutoniano

The Sun: Kylie in talks of lucrative 12 weeks Vegas residency

KYLIE Minogue is in talks for a £100million residency in Las Vegas, The Sun can reveal.

Spoiler

The Australian superstar, 54, is ready to put pen to paper for a money-spinning 12 week stay

Last night a source said: "While Kylie may not have a huge profile Stateside, she is an absolutely massive draw for the Brits.

"She has a cult gay following especially, and it's felt she will easily draw in the pink pound. Kylie visited a few venues in the summer, and numerous meetings have since been held. It's a no brainer for Kylie - easy money, and no touring. Everyone involved is hugely excited about the prospect."

The star is said to be earning around £750,000 per show. 

bebe1bebe1bebe1bebe1 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/bizarre/20549470/pop-star-las-vegas-residency-talks/

thots?

Well, if it's true, I wouldn't say it's a horrible idea. Her touring capacity stateside is limited. Doing a residency, she'd be able to put on a pretty elaborate show in a venue capable of handling it while not having to justify the cost of lugging a tour around the country for such small audiences relative to the effort required to mount a tour. Her US fans--and international too--can come and see her in one location. I think it'd be smart. 

I'm kind of pressed she wont be touring til 2024 but a 12weeks stay at Vegas doesnt sound that bad and she's always a treasure and drops live albums so if it happens we will probably get a good set of new arrangements of klassiks out of it.

My only worry is if this will affect her plans for the next album. We know she's headlining World Pride in Febraury so a new single in january and album in March/April seem too good an oportunity to miss

49 minutes ago, plutoniano said:

I'm kind of pressed she wont be touring til 2024 but a 12weeks stay at Vegas doesnt sound that bad and she's always a treasure and drops live albums so if it happens we will probably get a good set of new arrangements of klassiks out of it.

My only worry is if this will affect her plans for the next album. We know she's headlining World Pride in Febraury so a new single in january and album in March/April seem too good an oportunity to miss

If anything, this Las Vegas show (if it’s true) won’t happen until the end of 2023 or early 2024, anyway. She is still under contract with BMG to release an album in Spring of 2023 and promote it properly with 4 singles and 4 videos and only then can she plan a Vegas show. 

But, if this album is promoted in the US with Vegas in mind - it could be part of the concept. Could we see the return of “Showgirl Kylie”? kylie4

11 hours ago, ajp said:

If anything, this Las Vegas show (if it’s true) won’t happen until the end of 2023 or early 2024, anyway. She is still under contract with BMG to release an album in Spring of 2023 and promote it properly with 4 singles and 4 videos and only then can she plan a Vegas show. 

But, if this album is promoted in the US with Vegas in mind - it could be part of the concept. Could we see the return of “Showgirl Kylie”? kylie4

This plan may sound weird but BMG has done wonders for Kylie and her rebranding has been masterfully crafted. Even if I have my doubts I trust them, if you had told me after Snow Queen Kylie could be looking at snatching a fourth consecutive #1 album I probably would've said youre delusional yet here we are kylie4 

I'm sure they have a plan, Kylie Wines is a huge success, her perfume line has been relaunched and afaik been successful, her streaming stats are up, her album units too, her public image and goodwill is probably the best it's been since 2007

10 minutes ago, plutoniano said:

This plan may sound weird but BMG has done wonders for Kylie and her rebranding has been masterfully crafted. Even if I have my doubts I trust them, if you had told me after Snow Queen Kylie could be looking at snatching a fourth consecutive #1 album I probably would've said youre delusional yet here we are kylie4 

I'm sure they have a plan, Kylie Wines is a huge success, her perfume line has been relaunched and afaik been successful, her streaming stats are up, her album units too, her public image and goodwill is probably the best it's been since 2007

Yes, Snow Kweef Kylie was an era than we had to endure twice - Kristmas 2015 and Kristmas 2016! The relation with BMG is so different than Parlophone. The most important difference is that Kylie calls the shots. I think she is working with whom she wants and gets to do things like Infinite Disco… which I’m sure was her idea. At Parlo, she wouldn’t even been invited into the promo war room. 

Just look at IP 25th Anniversary Vinyl charting higher than in 1997. That is fucking crazy. She really has the momentum and is having her 3rd revival of her career. Why not Las Vegas. Celine figured out first that she could entertain, get rich and start a family by doing Vegas. 

I hope she does it. I’d buy the blu-ray but I don’t think I would pay to fly there and see her. kylie10

25 minutes ago, ajp said:

Yes, Snow Kweef Kylie was an era than we had to endure twice - Kristmas 2015 and Kristmas 2016! The relation with BMG is so different than Parlophone. The most important difference is that Kylie calls the shots. I think she is working with whom she wants and gets to do things like Infinite Disco… which I’m sure was her idea. At Parlo, she wouldn’t even been invited into the promo war room. 

Just look at IP 25th Anniversary Vinyl charting higher than in 1997. That is fucking crazy. She really has the momentum and is having her 3rd revival of her career. Why not Las Vegas. Celine figured out first that she could entertain, get rich and start a family by doing Vegas. 

I hope she does it. I’d buy the blu-ray but I don’t think I would pay to fly there and see her. kylie10

yes it's insane how big her demand is these days. As long as we get a cute br/live album out of Vegas I'll be content. She always shines on live arrangements and I'm sure a potential residency will be no exception. Bop factor will be turned to eleven

On 11/26/2022 at 7:23 AM, Madonna said:

The Sun is not really a reliable source.

They were right oprah5

Voltaire

BELLE DE NUIT

Launching this November at The Venetian Resort Las Vegas, Voltaire Belle de Nuit answers the call for a theatrical venue that offers Las Vegas a pre-party, headliner concert, and after party. Themed for daring voyeurism, Belle de Nuit is quite literally a flower that blooms in the night.

Pop sensation Kylie Minogue will be the first headliner to grace the stage at Voltaire. Blurring the lines between an intimate club, concert, and non-stop entertainment venue, Voltaire will usher in a new destination nightlife scene with Minogue at the forefront in an exclusive U.S residency that comes on the heels of her smash hit “Padam Padam” and upcoming “Tension” album release.

Voltaire is the uniquely inspired vision of producer Michael Gruber: an interactive night out with some of the world’s biggest superstars in an intimate, 1,000-seat setting where anything can happen and no two evenings are the same. Voltaire is the pregame, main event, and late-night after party rolled into one – an experience currently unmatched in Las Vegas that unlocks a new evening out that is elevated, transformative, but most of all, fun. 

Promising an evening that never has to end, Voltaire will be filled with non-stop entertainment including top DJs, cabaret, burlesque by an incredible cast of performers and headline talent.

The venue’s opening on November 3 kicks off the Australian pop icon’s first Vegas Residency where she will perform tracks from her highly anticipated release “Tension,” alongside many of her greatest hits including “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head” and “All The Lovers.”

“The spirit of Voltaire is one of pure, authentic fun. It’s one I resonate with as a pop artist. My new album “Tension” is all about the space where the intimate and universal come together and Voltaire represents just that,” shares Minogue. “The creative team has designed an environment where people can get up and dance at their tables and revel in the night – that’s what Voltaire is and I can’t wait to perform in this intimate and exciting setting.”

Some of the most creative minds in fashion and design were tapped to bring the concept to life. With couture costumes from stage to floor developed by a world-class designer who has created looks for stars from Beyonce to Mariah Carey and of course, Kylie Minogue herself. The heavy couture influence lends the entire evening an unforgettably glamorous lens.

The space itself brings to life an immersive key-hole themed room design, centered around modern-day art deco fantasy by Emmy and Tony Award winning production designer Derek McLane, who has an incredible array of credits for shows such as the “Moulin Rouge” and “MJ on Broadway,” the Academy Awards, and most recently as designer for the 2023 Met Gala.

Capping at 1,000 people, it’s a venue to come out and lean in. The prevailing theme, Belle de Nuit, or Beauty of the Night is evocative of veils and mystery, of come-to-play, and dress-to-express. A simple but memorable table service includes select indulgences from fine spirits and champagne to caviar and cookies - and an atmosphere where guests can truly connect.

Tickets, tables, and packages for Kylie Minogue’s opening show and ongoing residency go on sale August 9, 2023, and are available for purchase at voltairelv.com.