Snow

Kim Petras defends working with Dr. Luke: "I have nothing to be ashamed of"

4 hours ago, Kristina said:

Sometimes it's better to just say nothing

It'd be smarter for her that way. But she's also not wrong when other artists seems to slide by with it.

The people coming for her need to have the same attitude towards Doja Cat, Saweetie, Tyga, Nicki Minaj, and other people who have continued collabs with him.

Otherwise they're just coming for a trans artist breaking into the mainstream in a group of artists guilty of the same thing bey2

2 hours ago, Living Dead Boy said:

It'd be smarter for her that way. But she's also not wrong when other artists seems to slide by with it.

The people coming for her need to have the same attitude towards Doja Cat, Saweetie, Tyga, Nicki Minaj, and other people who have continued collabs with him.

Otherwise they're just coming for a trans artist breaking into the mainstream in a group of artists guilty of the same thing bey2

This is what I’ve been saying from the beginning clap1 

6 hours ago, Living Dead Boy said:

People have been flaming Doja and Nicki too for working with him. 

It's she that's the only one being arrogant about it and even somehow proud. 

26 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

People have been flaming Doja and Nicki too for working with him. 

It's she that's the only one being arrogant about it and even somehow proud. 

not with the same energy they go after Kim. 

I do agree with you, though. She's very arrogant when it comes to 'defending' her working relationship with him and all that, but other artists have had better PR training, aren't as outgoing as Kim or think it'll all be swept under the rug. true1 

and I don't give a fuck about Kim, nor have I ever listened to one song from her in full. 

10 hours ago, Living Dead Boy said:

We know that doja signed a contract with Luke about a month or so before kesha came forward with the allegations, so most animals kinda give her a free pass for that. She didn't know about it yet. 

Nicki has continuously surrounded herself with predators and such for the last few years so it's no surprise but her fans are too clueless and blind (or outright defending her) to care. 

Tbh I never hear about sweetie or Tyga so I forget they exist most of the time. I however hear a lot about Kim because she's trans and we're all in various LGBT+ spaces so someone being trans in the music industry will come up from time to time. 

Iggy never worked with him, she worked with two producers on savior in 2016 which one of them had an "agreement" with luke.

I haven't seen when Meghan Trainor worked on ain't your mama but jlo didn't know Luke had credits on the song. It's likely that song records had pressured Meghan to work on a Dr Luke produced song at some point in 2016.

And you don't hear too much from/about (or nothing at all of some of) the others who work(ed) with him. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Luke_production_discography

We're also looking out for Kim to apologize to Kesha about working with him and for the things she's said about the allegations and about her too. 

But then we see shit like her saying "I'd never work with someone I believe to be an abuser of women" and the Dr Luke produced slut pop being released in 2020, and being signed under amigo records - which is Dr Luke affiliated under republic records, and now this. 

Edited by Chris
15 hours ago, Living Dead Boy said:

Other artists who work with Luke do get called out. 

I don’t doubt that some of the reason that Kim gets it more is due to her being trans, that’s always going to be a factor.

But what is even more a factor, and the primary reason she gets it more, is because she won’t shut the fuck up about it. She speaks openly on the subject and not only that, let’s everyone know that she does not care about what he has been accused of. 

She wouldn’t get it to the degree she does if she simply did what all his other collaborators do and simply not speak about it. It’s still wrong but she at least won’t be bringing it on herself by saying such stupid and callous things. 

I agree that everyone is entitled to their own opinion privately. But I feel like coming out publicly just for a little "press" does more damage to her brand and reputation. Maybe Dr Luke promised her something, or else why even bother. 

13 hours ago, Chris said:

We know that doja signed a contract with Luke about a month or so before kesha came forward with the allegations, so most animals kinda give her a free pass for that. She didn't know about it yet. 

Nicki has continuously surrounded herself with predators and such for the last few years so it's no surprise but her fans are too clueless and blind (or outright defending her) to care. 

Tbh I never hear about sweetie or Tyga so I forget they exist most of the time. I however hear a lot about Kim because she's trans and we're all in various LGBT+ spaces so someone being trans in the music industry will come up from time to time. 

Iggy never worked with him, she worked with two producers on savior in 2016 which one of them had an "agreement" with luke.

I haven't seen when Meghan Trainor worked on ain't your mama but jlo didn't know Luke had credits on the song. It's likely that song records had pressured Meghan to work on a Dr Luke produced song at some point in 2016.

And you don't hear too much from/about (or nothing at all of some of) the others who work(ed) with him. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr._Luke_production_discography

We're also looking out for Kim to apologize to Kesha about working with him and for the things she's said about the allegations and about her too. 

But then we see shit like her saying "I'd never work with someone I believe to be an abuser of women" and the Dr Luke produced slut pop being released in 2020, and being signed under amigo records - which is Dr Luke affiliated under republic records, and now this. 

We don't know what kind of recording contract Kim has but I'm willing to bet given her track record (all Luke credits aside from a few features on other artist's tracks) he has a lot of input or at least has it written that he gets a cut. I also don't think we have concrete evidence on when exactly her contract was signed, although it was probably around the same time as Doja. But I agree it's Kim's attitude towards the ordeal that hurts her the most. Doja has said she barely sees him but he collects a check.

Even if her being a struggling trans artist was what made her sign with someone with a history like Luke's (problematic but with a successful catalog of hits), she never needed to defend him or her choice to work with him. I also find it odd that she's so well spoken in interviews and even when she expressed frustrations over her scrapped album she was never as blunt as this.

1 hour ago, Living Dead Boy said:

We don't know what kind of recording contract Kim has but I'm willing to bet given her track record (all Luke credits aside from a few features on other artist's tracks) he has a lot of input or at least has it written that he gets a cut. I also don't think we have concrete evidence on when exactly her contract was signed, although it was probably around the same time as Doja. But I agree it's Kim's attitude towards the ordeal that hurts her the most. Doja has said she barely sees him but he collects a check.

Even if her being a struggling trans artist was what made her sign with someone with a history like Luke's (problematic but with a successful catalog of hits), she never needed to defend him or her choice to work with him. I also find it odd that she's so well spoken in interviews and even when she expressed frustrations over her scrapped album she was never as blunt as this.

Kim has been independent up until slut pop so idk why youre saying that Kim was signed around the same time doja was juicy1 

Wouldnt make sense to have signed a contract and not use it or announce it for over half a decade either juicy1 

On 11/28/2022 at 11:27 PM, Chris said:

Kim has been independent up until slut pop so idk why youre saying that Kim was signed around the same time doja was juicy1 

Wouldnt make sense to have signed a contract and not use it or announce it for over half a decade either juicy1 

I find it very sus that Kim exclusively worked with one producer throughout her career until recently and it even more so that it's been Luke aretha1

Since signing, Republic Slut Pop was all Luke again, but after she's collabed with Sam Smith and released a single with Max Martin credits.

And let's not forget Luke tried to hide behind the Made in China stage name for a bit. Like Tyson Tracks with Doja, they acknowledged a Luke credit at that time could prove controversial so they used another name. There were calculations even with Kim supporting him.

It's speculation, but I believe there was some kind of agreement (whether or not it still stands) on her formative years.

Once upon a time Kim had one good clarifying and sensitive statement on the matter.

She should have left it at that... but here we are.

I just know deep down her current success is fleeting so I guess live it up for now girly. ari9

1 hour ago, harry said:

Once upon a time Kim had one good clarifying and sensitive statement on the matter.

She should have left it at that... but here we are.

I just know deep down her current success is fleeting so I guess live it up for now girly. ari9

Which statement? The one where she implied that Kesha lied about being the victim of abuse? rih12 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It'd be smarter for her that way. But she's also not wrong when other artists seems to slide by with it.   The people coming for her need to have the same attitude towards Doja Cat, Saweetie

Sometimes it's better to just say nothing

No

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.