Chris

Miley Cyrus | Flowers | Jan 13

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11642865/Miley-Cyruss-new-song-similar-Bruno-Mars-Man.html

The chorus samples Bruno Mars' 2012 hit 'When I Was Your Man', which Liam once reportedly dedicated to Miley.

The original song - about regret after losing a romantic partner - has lyrics which include: 'I should have bought you flowers and held your hand / Should have gave you all my hours when I had the chance / Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance'.

Flipping the script Miley sings: 'I I can take myself dancing / And I can hold my own hand / Yeah, I can love me better than you can' to the melody of Mars' hit.

'I can take myself dancing' likely refers to an infamous red carpet moment when Liam visibly cringed at Miley's twerking.

I'm surprised how big this has become after a week. I don't know if it's the context of the song or what. When I first heard it I was really unimpressed but it is a grower and I'm listening to it more.

Please don't tell me I'm alone in thinking the Plastic Hearts album was full of bangers and didn't get the recognition it deserved? This is common knowledge, right?

It's way better than Flowers in my opinion....

Quite surprised it got this big as well! Never expected Miley to see this type of success again. Happy for her although I don’t love the song, it’s okay though.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.