Metric

FOTP's Song Contest S2: Winner Revealed (Pg.76)

1 hour ago, Shego said:

Thank you bestie-who-must-not-be-named yet for your review, you're tasteful! The only one here. 

wendy williams GIF by BET

5 hours ago, StrippedX said:

Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles: I mean this is super iconic and fits the theme perfectly. An iconic song. 

bebe1

Alexandra Stan - It's My Life: forgettable

Gnarls Barkley - Crazy: a bit overplayed but it's a classic for a reason. Great song

Foster The People - Pay The Man: didn't expect this to sound the way it did but I enjoyed it

Duffy - Mercy: never heard anything else by her but I've always liked this song

Hilary Duff - Sparks: a great pop song! Too bad she's not actually a one hit wonder

Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles: I understand it's a bit basic and bland but the nostalgia of this song always gets me. I do gotta rank it low though for missing the theme

Phoebe Bridgers - Motion Sickness: a bit slow but not bad. Mid

Icona Pop - All Night: bop

Alexandra Stan - Mr. Saxobeat: another song that's a classic for a reason, but not one of my favorites

Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her: I just can't get into her

Fiona Apple - The First Taste: an easy, enjoyable listen compared to some of her other songs

Take That - The Flood: sounds like Christian music

Jamelia - Superstar: I've never heard of her before but this was one of the best, it's too bad she's never had a US hit

AWOLNATION - Sail: one of my favorite songs this round 

On 1/31/2023 at 11:26 AM, Snow said:

I don't think Jamelia has ever charted on the Hot 100..? ellie1 I thought it'd be the Christmas song, but her version (Band Aid 20) didn't seem to chart there either.

8 minutes ago, Kylie said:

Since I will probably disqualified after this round, can we all just agree that Superstar was the best song on this SHIT list? true1 

why would you be disqualified??

also Superstar is one of the highlights true1 

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

also, why are we sharing our comments on each song now? wouldnt it make more sense to put them in the PM with our ranks and reveal them as the song ranks are revealed?

It keeps the thread alive, so I can't complain katy1

• Alexandra Stan - Mr. Saxobeat - iconic
  • Alexandra Stan - It's My Life - its actually one of my AS favs
  • AWOLNATION - Sail - started out promising, but fell so flat it fell through the ground and landed at the bottom of the list
  • Duffy - Mercy - i think i know this one? such a bop tbh; part of me hears Britney singing this song. why?
  • Fiona Apple - The First Taste - nothing happens for me with this song
  • Foster The People - Pay The Man - average, lowkey good but nothing nearly as good as anything above
  • Gnarls Barkley - Crazy - very good, also did not expect to already know this song (and not the part thats popular on tiktok)
  • Hilary Duff - Sparks - bop, the fan demanded video is an iconic moment in pop culture. i remember playing the album on the bus ride to high school in 2016
  • Icona Pop - All Night - meh
  • Jamelia - Superstar - did not expect to like this song at all omfg
  • Phoebe Bridgers - Motion Sickness - meh
  • Take That - The Flood - why is it so good?
  • Zara Larsson - Can't Tame Her - shes one of those singers who can sing really well and make good songs but are immediately forgotten
  • Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles - so bad, idk why its a hit smh
11 hours ago, Chris said:

why would you be disqualified??

also Superstar is one of the highlights true1 

Because apparently Jamelia is not a one hit wonder?